Some time ago I published, is Spanish, some notes on what constitutes the summary of a report or research report, I was reviewing it and I thought about sharing it translated to know if there was any opinion that could help to complete it, the original text I have in https://metodologiaecs.wordpress.com/2016/10/22/sobre-un-resumen-de-informe-de-investigacion/
Created in https://cooltext.com/
An old classmate asked me about the elements that I should consider to write the summary in a research paper, before that I replied that it is first to establish what is the methodical current that is followed ... but, in general it can be said that I would expect to find in the text of an article summary the following elements:
- Area of study, thematic or general approach (this is optional)
- Problem to investigate (there are cases in which we skip these two first elements and we enter directly with the third)
- Research objective (I mean the general)
- Working hypothesis (in the case of investigations that work with hypothetical system, because in exploratory research you can happen that you don't have a hypothesis at the beginning and in the investigations based on fulfillment of tasks you would not expose hypotheses)
- Mention theories, currents or key authors addressed for the work.
- Indicate the methodology, population, sample, techniques and instruments.
- Report the most relevant result.
- Mention the main conclusion of the work.
I hoped this would help, but I asked a colleague at that time to have a more complete answer, so they recommended me to review content shared by the University of Alicante, which was published on the Moodle platform, but I would like to share it in another post because it would be too long to do it alone in this one.