- 680 mL (2 ¾ cups) unbleached all purpose flour
- 60 ml (¼ cup) sugar
- 11 mL (2¼ teaspoons) instant yeast
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- 125 ml (½ cup) milk, lukewarm
- ½ cup (125 mL) unsalted butter, melted and tempered
- 2 eggs
- 180 mL (¾ cup) granulated maple sugar
- ¼ cup (60 mL) maple butter, warmed slightly
- In a large bowl, with a wooden spoon, or in a stand mixer (using the kneading hook), mix the flour, sugar, yeast and salt. Add the milk and mix vigorously until the dough begins to form.
- Stir in 90 ml (6 tablespoons) of butter gradually, then the eggs. Knead the dough for about 5 minutes on a stand mixer or on a floured work surface. The dough will be smooth and sticky.
- Place the dough in a clean and lightly oiled bowl. -
Turn the dough to coat with oil. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and let stand in a warm, moist place about 1 hour 30 minutes or until the dough has doubled in size.
-But a 9 "x 5" (23 x 13 cm) bread pan. Line the mold with a strip of parchment paper, letting it protrude on each side.
- On a generous floured work surface, gently fold the dough with your fingers or a rolling pin into a 46 x 40 cm (18 x 16-inch) rectangle. Redo melt the rest of the butter and brush the dough. Sprinkle with maple sugar and cut into 24 rectangles of 10 x 7.5 cm (4 x 3 in.).
- Stack six rectangles of dough at a time and place them upright in the mold, dropping them naturally so that they are slightly uneven. Repeat with the rest of the rectangles. Cover with a damp cloth and let stand in a warm and humid place for 1 hour.
- Place the grill at the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (350 ° F).
- Remove the damp cloth and bake for 45 minutes or until the bread is golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes. Unmould, remove the parchment paper and place in a serving dish. Top with maple butter. Let cool for 15 minutes. Taste warm or cold the same day.
thank you for visite