On March 29th I made the conclusion that the 2.5 years long downtrend of BTS had ended. Look at where the pointer is. Amazing, isn't it. I'm pretty proud :-)
As a proof here's my article about it. It looks like there is no sure sign of any change back then, but there was. It just wasn't very apparent.
Of course the foundation was that the Bitshares community hadn't lost faith. There was lots of work going on behind the scenes. But the thing that stood out back then was that the price seemed to have increased organically. The lower limit (in terms of USD of course) had started to gradually rise. It was very subtle, but it had been going on for several weeks, which it hadn't done for over half a year. Together with other factors I reasoned that an substantial increase in price was due. However, I never predicted the magnitude. I was hoping for a long and slow growth. I could have been completely wrong as well, since these markets seem to be nearly completely irrational.
The thing I think one can learn from this is that Bitshares is experiencing real, organic growth. This isn't just a random pump. That should give holders confidence. Future developments will surely increase the momentum:
- Bitshares hasn't seen almost any marketing for years, but the community is going to do something about it
- Development has resumed, which should make the project look more active and promising, and make Bitshares a more enjoyable and reliable experience
- Other prominent blockchains are experiencing scaling problems
- The HERO competition by @stan will bring Bitshares to normal people
- The development of Blockpay and the mobile multicurrency wallet has resumed. Once ready, they will greatly enhance and increase the usability of Bitshares.
- Decentralised governance is starting to work better. Check out the Bitshares Open Source Hangouts
- Whaleshares will boost positive development
- There seems to be a lot of interest from Asia. No idea though what's going on there.
- Ronny is relentlessly pouring money and effort into Bitshares via Openledger, Obits and related projects.
- Hundreds of other positive things going on. See the weekly report by @steempower