When the fake wind machine is turned up too high
Where are we now?
After 3 months on the road, where are we now? El Paso, Texas! Living a mobile life has taught us a lot. We didn’t plan to be here, and yet here we are. That’s the beauty of this lifestyle: the unknown.
There we go...just right. Golden Gate Bridge
Vannah and Jared. Somewhere off the 1 in California
We drove from Austin, Texas all the way to Vancouver, BC, Canada, where we expected to get jobs for three months or so and wait out the winter. As the world would have it, that didn’t work. We made it all the way there, but our dream of working there through the winter wasn’t in the cards. So we hit the road to warmer weather and hauled arse all the way back to Anissa’s hometown of El Paso.
Fort Bragg, California
What’s our plan? Vanlife plans are cheap. They are highly unreliable and rarely come through. But! they are fun to make nonetheless. We got here a few days before Christmas, enjoyed the holidays with our families, and then picked up a couple of jobs. We plan to work here through the beginning of spring to save money, make some improvements to Vannah, and then get back out on the road.
Fort Bragg, California
We have been lazy bloggers! We have so much unshared content we are going to try and get out over the next three months. Please tune in! And, as always, all questions are welcome. We hope to be a resource.
Some upcoming blog pieces we would like to do for those interested in vanlife:
- how to choose a van and how we chose ours
- how we made money along the way as freelancers without much experience
- what we have learned after 3 months on the road
Not to mention lots of beautiful and fun pictures and videos :)
Past Vanlife Posts
- Must-SEA Photos [28 Photos of the Monterey Bay Aquarium]
- Free-Time Follies [Funny Videos from the Road] Episode 2: When You Get a Queen-Size Memory Foam for Free
- Free-Time Follies [Funny Videos from the Road] Episode 1: A Foolproof Guide to Cooler Cleaning
- Vanlife: 30 Days in 30 Photos
- 3 Weeks In: The Truth About Vanlife
- "Normal" life -> Vanlife: How to Transition (10 Steps)
Wanna Read about Vanlife? You'll Need to Follow Us.
If you want to learn more about vanlife, follow us! We will be writing about how we chose our van (and maybe how to choose yours too), how we make money on the road, bring you roadhacks, and, of course, have lots of photos and videos to share :)