Hoi An chicken rice is my most impressive dish during all the trip. After arrived home, I still remembered the taste of chicken rice and wanted to eat again. In Hanoi, there is no restaurants sell chicken rice as tasty as the one Hoi An. So I decided to cook it at home and hoping that the flavor would be the same.
The prepared ingredients as following:
Chicken: 1 kg
Chicken's organs: 200 grs
Unripe papaya: 200grs
Salt: 1 tbs
Pepper: 1 tbs
Herbs, garlic, lemon, hot chilli, ginger, turmeric.
- Step 1. Boil chicken with ginger and onion in medium heat to deodorize. Add fresh turmeric to make the chicken looks attractive
- Step 2. Stir the chicken's organs with spices in small heat to make the sauce
- Step 3. Shred carrots, papaya, onions into small pieces. Then mixed them with spices.
- Step 4. Cook rice with chicken broth. This is the secret to make your rice more delicious
- Step 5. When the chicken is cooked, tear them in pieces
-Step 6. Put the chicken on the rice, pour sauces on top and decorate with the prepared vegetable mixture
- Step 7. Enjoy and don't forget to let me know if you love Hoi An chicken rice too or you are following my special recipe.