Years ago, I warned of a coming "legalization" of cannabis - a scam to monopolize the cannabis industry and increase prohibition against the free market. I was ridiculed and ignored, but I was completely right.
When Canada voted in the Liberal government's Justin Trudeau in 2015, promising to "legalize marijuana", MediKatie and I started the Vancouver 420 Farmers Market to keep him honest and make sure he did it right. We met with seasoned activists, vendors, and other enthusiasts every Saturday for over 2 years, on the sidewalks of downtown Vancouver! The market built up a reputation, and people came from far and wide to take advantage of the high quality and competitive pricing.
To make way for his coming corporate monopoly, Trudeau had our peaceful market raided by police in 2018. Demoralized (and some with criminal records), the activists finally lost ground in Vancouver, and patients who had come to rely on the market had to go without life-saving medicine they couldn't get anywhere else.
On "legalization day", October 17th 2018, I protested in our old spot to raise awareness that legalization was NOT what the people voted for, and that peaceful growers and sellers are still going to prison for being outside the "legalized" regime.
Since then, in the first year of legal cannabis:
- over 500 peaceful taxpaying businesses (dispensaries) have been raided and shut by police
- there's a snitch-line for reporting anyone growing or selling outside the legal regime
- many provinces and towns still prohibit growing personal cannabis plants
- renters can't grow personal cannabis plants
- farmers markets were made specifically illegal under legalization
- only dry bud is legal (extracts and edibles, required by most patients, remain completely illegal)
- the bud is harsh, extremely low quality, very expensive, routinely moldy and with bugs/feces, irradiated (not cured)
- some of the bud contains dangerous pesticides like Myclobutanil, the fungicide currently causing all the "vaping related" deaths in the USA
- anyone growing or selling outside the legal regime faces 14 years in prison per offense, much worse than before it became legal
- billions more dollars are being spent on law enforcement, blood/saliva testing, regulators, educational (disinformation) campaigns, and other wastes of resources
- the "CSU" (community safety unit) is rampaging across Canada, searching any building, person, or vehicle they believe may contain "illegal cannabis", with new powers of warrantless search and seizure
- government stores, despite having a monopoly with their competition raided and shut at every opportunity, are running product shortages, and yet have lost money during their first year
- patients with cannabis prescriptions, like my wife @MediKatie, have no legal supply for their medicine, and continue to be arrested and imprisoned
I was able to seemingly predict all of this years ago not because I had a crystal ball, but because it's all by design, and obvious to those paying close attention. Cannabis legalization was an inside job. It was meant to go the way it's going, despite it appearing to be a "shitshow" by almost all accounts. This is exactly how they planned it. The elites behind the curtain are getting their power grab.
So what's next? More crackdowns on the free market, raids on gardens, takedowns of the online dispensaries, whatever tactics they need to use in order to wage perpetual war against what they call the black market. It doesn't matter who we vote for, the result will be the same; more prohibition and less freedom. And this failed model will be touted by the media as a brilliant success, and pushed on other unsuspecting nations. "Legalization" will be one of the main tools of the elite to further their grip on humanity.
I've put together this graphic to help us visualize the situation:
Prohibition of cannabis and "legalization" of cannabis are just extremes on the same pendulum - and both very far away from Liberty.
Legalization is NOT freedom, it's another form of authoritarianism.
What we wanted all along is called decriminalization - the end of cannabis prohibition.
Legalization, just like prohibition itself, has been a lie all along.
One year into "legalization" of cannabis here in Canada, and we're one year further away from freedom.
If your state or country is considering the "legalization" of cannabis, please, look into the details. What you want is decriminalization, not a corporate monopoly and advancing police state like we got here in Canada.