It's the same crappy advice that Americans have received for a long time.
- If you just get political and get a certain politician voted in your life is guaranteed to get better.
- If you just get a piece of paper from this accredited organization your life is guaranteed to get better.
- If you can just buy this new thing your life is guaranteed to get better.
- If you can just get rich your life is guaranteed to get better.
- If this new law just gets passed your life is guaranteed to get better.
What a pack of lies
There are 5 types of “Capital” in this world.
- Spiritual capital
- Relational capital
- Health capital
- Educational capital
- Financial capital
Our culture behaves like financial capital is the most important with everything in descending order; in reality financial capital is the least important. How can I prove this? Easy. Would you agree to have stage 4 cancer for 100 million dollars? I wouldn't. If you don't have your health money doesn't do much good.
Until our culture stops thinking backwards life in this country is going to get increasingly miserable. As long as we are willing to give up our health, our relationships, and our morals for money we are doomed to failure. Get rich, but don't think for one moment that loads of money will make that happen; money is least important.