Finding and sharing the best classical music content on steemit!
March 4, 2018: In this issue:
- What's new and important?
- Roundup issue #22
- What is this initiative?
- How you can help
Image Source: Pixabay.com, License: CC0, Public Domain
1. What's new and important?
We would like to express our sincere gratitude to all of the content creators who are helping the #classical-music related posting genres to grow on steemit.
We would also like to express our gratitude to our Facebook audience for sharing and "Liking" our posts to help raise steemit awareness around the classical music community on facebook.
2. Roundup issue #22
In the time since our last roundup post, we have shared 11 posts from the categories that we monitor on the Steemit's Best Classical Music Facebook page.
Here are the articles that we shared on Facebook. Some of them are still eligible for payout, so you know what to do!
As with our previous roundup posts, each of these authors will receive a proportional share of this roundup post's liquid author rewards (Steem and SBD, not SteemPower).
note: Although we don't currently envision changing this practice, this reward sharing distribution is subject to change without notice, at our sole discretion.
This section contains some metrics that we will be tracking as time goes on.
|Date||Steemit Followers||# posts in monitored categories, last 7 days||FB Likes||FB Reach|
|Aug 26, 2017||63||37||30||92|
|Sep 23, 2017||89||41||34||1|
|Sep 28, 2017||93||22||34||82|
|Oct 22, 2017||101||21||33||43|
|Jan 2, 2018||120||27||37||22|
|Jan 8, 2018||123||35||38||31|
|Jan 14, 2018||130||35||39||10|
|Feb 18, 2018||150||xx||51||8|
|Feb 25, 2018||160||xx||52||84|
|Mar 4, 2018||166||xx||53||135|
xx - Because steemsql is now a paid service, I no longer have access to the data I was using to collect the "# posts in monitored categories" metrics. When time allows, I'll switch to using steem-python to collect this data. This may not be soon.
4. What is this initiative?
To introduce the wider community to steemit.com, we have launched the facebook page, Steemit's Best Classical Music, and we are monitoring a number of classical music related categories (and others) on steemit. We share the best posts that we find about classical music on our facebook page.
The point of this is to raise steemit awareness and visibility among people on facebook who share an interest in classical music. Additionally, to bring additional attention to the best articles and authors that we find, we recently began sharing periodic roundup articles here on steemit.
Standards for sharing are subjective, but here are some guidelines to show the kinds of the things that we look for:
- Original steem blockchain content
- Attractive formatting
- Well written grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc.
- Roughly 500 to 2,000 words in length
- English language text (Sorry, that's the only one we know.)
- Supplementary video embeds from other platforms - such as youtube - are encouraged when accompanied by original steem block chain content.
- Word length expectations will be relaxed for videos of original performances or compositions by the steemit author.
- Sharing of articles by a single author will be limited to one or two per week.
- To avoid spamming our facebook audience, sharing on facebook will generally be limited to one or two posts per day.
5. How you can help.
This initiative is intended to promote steemit, and to strengthen the classical music ecosystem here, so if you share these goals we would appreciate your support! Here are some ways you can help:
- Contribute your own original content about classical music to the steem block chain.
- If you have a facebook account, "Like" the Steemit's Best Classical Music Facebook page, and adjust the settings to see all of our posts.
- Reshare articles from our facebook page with your facebook friends.
- Resteem our roundup articles.
- Use your upvotes to support the authors of articles that we find and share.
- Let us know if there are any articles that we have overlooked.
- Delegate steempower to the @classical-music account to give weight to our votes for authors of classical content.
- Follow the @classical-music curation trail through streemian.com.
- This is a user driven initiative with no whale support, and we're making it up as we go, so we enthusiastically welcome your ideas.