A 'spring clean' if you will.
Brought on by a change in bot administration, we - the mods - felt this would be a good opportunity to take a hard look at the bot=group relationship, and we have come up the following changes.
We - the mods - decided, after much discussion, that holding a referendum before implementing any changes to the current system was just not feasible or practical, so we settled on a consensus we were all happy with, on everyone's behalf.
We do hope you will all appreciate that we are trying to create and maintain a great resource for all members.
- A copy of the @anzub profile's master key is held by a nominated mod from both @teamnz and @teamaustralia; and recovery protocols have been put in place, if ever necessary
- All rewards earned by the bot will be powered up, to continue growing our voting worth; if ever the bot is closed, funds will be distributed evenly between the two community teams as seen fit
- The running of the bot has kindly been taken on by @quochuy (thank you!), and so if it crashes call him to restart it
- Daily publication of the curation posts may or may not continue in some format - community feedback appreciated on the form this could take
- To receive a bot upvote, you will now have to have reached Skippy level 3 (expanded explanation below); mods may adjust as necessary
By the end of Monday, this rule will kick in:
Anyone looking for an ANZUB upvote will have to be at Skippy's level 3 or higher.
After all, a little chatter amongst friends isn't too much to ask for in return for an upvote, is it?
And we don't mean a fleeting "Hi" before you disappear again, which is why we chose level 3, to see how things go - we may adjust the level requirement as we see how the system works.
We want to see people engage with each other in our server community.
Cause we're certainly not a scary bunch of downunder-ites!
We are awesome!