I have become a real fan of the Lyverian Splinter. Perhaps that's because it is what I have the most of in my @SteemMonsters deck. My Spirit of the Forest in particular is a force to be reckoned with! I'm always trying different configurations for Teams, and then when I settle on something that works well, I tend to pump it for a while. Of course, that doesn't work out so well if the Conflict is something like Lost Legendaries, or when I'm trying to achieve a particular Daily Quest which requires me to win 10 battles with a different Splinter. That is when my Lyverians tend to let me down a bit. Fortunately, I have a great SteemMonsters guild behind me, the @ContestKings Guild, and I can rely on them to help me out when I get into a tight spot and need to borrow some extra firepower.
Even so, I have won some rather surprisingly unmatched battles. Sometimes I just get lucky, and the random numbers that the SteemMonsters codebase uses occasionally will go my way; my hit lands when it might have missed, or an opponent misses when I thought I was a goner, and I get an opportunity to make a comeback from near-death. This is what keeps the game so interesting for me. It isn't just about buying the best cards and thereby winning every battle.
Here is an example of a rather mismatched battle. It was played under the Standard Ruleset and with a Mana Cap of 20. My challenge to you is to tell me who will win this battle (either
@player2), how many rounds the battle will last for, and how many Monsters will be left on the battlefield after the battle? Everyone who guesses correctly will go into a draw to win a
eta Edition Malric Inferno from my @davtomsis alt account.
🎯 Action(s) Required
- To enter this contest, simply post a reply to this post, with the name of the player that you think will win the above battle, either
@player2, and add how many rounds the battle will go on for, and how many Monsters you think will survive at the end of the battle.
- All correct entries will be considered as equally likely to win, so this isn't a "first correct entry wins" type of contest. The winner will be drawn from among the correct entries.
- The names of all contest entrants who have submitted a valid and correct entry will be entered into this random name picker from MiniWebTool and a winner will be selected at random.
- The winner announcement post will contain a screenshot showing all the names of those who submitted valid and correct entries, along with the random winner selected. If possible, there may also be a video of the draw, depending on technical capability. The draw will not be livestreamed, however, as I already know that this is beyond my current capabilities, sorry.
🎁 The Prize
I have one eta Edition Malric Inferno card to give away as a prize for this competition. This card is verifiable on the Steem blockchain, to make sure that I have it in my collection at present. It is being held in my alt account, @davtomsis, for safe keeping. Here is the list of prizes for this contest...
Malric Inferno Level 1 (ID: C1-5-44IN6FFV80)
NOTE: Clicking the link for the card id will take you to the SteemMonsters API, where you can verify that I currently own this card as @davtomsis. Once the prizewinner has been announced and the prize sent out, this link will show the new owner of the card, instead.
📅 The Due Date
- Entries for this contest 𝗺𝘂𝘀𝘁 be received within 7 days precisely of the post timestamp on the Steem blockchain. Entries received after that time 𝗺𝗮𝘆 𝗻𝗼𝘁 be eligible for prizes, at the judge's discretion.
- All things being equal, prizes should be sent out to the prizewinners within 2 days of the closing of entries. See also the ⛔ Cancellation Policy below.
📋 The Rules
The rules for all contests run by #ContestKings 🦁 guild members are always kept as simple as possible, so that everybody has an equal chance of entering and winning our contests. Please note that the rules below are my own interpretation of the common contest rules used by the #ContestKings 🦁 guild, and therefore do not represent official policy of the guild.
- 👊 𝑵𝒐 𝑼𝒑𝒗𝒐𝒕𝒆, 𝑵𝒐 𝑹𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒎, 𝑵𝒐 𝑭𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒐𝒘 𝑹𝒆𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒓𝒆𝒅!
- Only one entry per person please.
- The judge's decision is final, and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- All prizes are as stated, and are not redeemable for $ˢᵗᵐ, $ˢᵇᵈ, nor any other crypto or fiat currency, nor will any request for substitution of prizes be entertained.
⛔ Cancellation Policy
- Contests run by #ContestKings 🦁 guild members should always have guaranteed prizes, and are not dependent on post payout or levels of activity on the contest post. This contest 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗯𝗲 𝗰𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲𝗹𝗲𝗱 except for unforeseen circumstances, including but not limited to force majeure events, such as outages of the Steem blockchain. Even then, in such circumstances, every effort will be made to complete the contest and send out prizes, well after the fact if need be.
ℹ Additional Information
- If you would like to be part of the #ContestKings 🦁 guild, please apply on our Discord server.
- To stay informed about our guild's events and activities, please follow @ContestKings.
(NOTE: This post is best viewed using SteemPeak.com)