Hello everyone, I'm @faetee bringing you update about the girlsfoundation first contest. The contest is done to give back to the steemit community for its support on the girlsfoundation project.
About the contest
It is going to be a review contest.
What is a review?
A second or subsequent reading of a text or artifact.
What will I be reviewing?
The girlsfoundation has carried out 3 successful project so far.
Your task is to review and make a post about any of the project you fancy most.
Below are the links of project done:-
1.) Follow @girlsfoundation and @wafrica.
2.) Resteem this article.
3.) Make a blog post about you review and drop your link as a comment to this article.
4.) Tags to use :- #girlsfoundation #charity and #wafrica and any other two tags best known to you
5.) One entry per individual
6.) Entry ends on the 13th of August 2018
15sbd give away
1st price - 6sbd
2nd price - 4sbd
3rd price - 3sbd
4th price - 2sbd
Every article will be upvoted by the @girlsfoundation account and trail
And consolation price to every contestant [every one is a winner.]
Winners will be selected based on the topic, story plot, number of words and delivery as determined by the selected Judge.
The girls foundation is a project set up to enlighten young ladies of their norms and value, advocate for the girl-child, encourage and support them with the little we can.We believe the girl-child can bring about change in our society. Women are essential to the nation because they take care of its children, the children are the future leaders of the nation, if you are familiar with the bible you must have heard of this verse “train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he won‟t depart from it”.Girls foundation was founded by a group of selfless ladies, it is a non�governmental organization an d believes in decentralization.
- To enlighten youths of their purpose in life. We believe once you know the truth and purpose of your existence you are free, the journey to success and failure now lies in your hands.
- Rape free society- Rape is a sexual assault carried out against a person forcefully. The rate at which girls are being raped these days is alarming, we are also humans and we deserve respect. Most rape victims suffer from trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder, serious injuries and in some cases pregnancy and sexually transmitted infection.
- Fight against domestic violence- it is also known as intimate partner violence, domestic abuse or family violence ; it's a form of violence committed in a domestic or family setting, such as in marriage or cohabitation. It is called intimate partner violence when committed by spouse and called family violence when it involves the kids, parents or elders. Domestic violence has several effects on human that's is why girls foundation is picking it up. Effects of domestic violence
1.) Physical effect: This involves bruises round the victim, broken wrists, shortness of breath etc.
2.) Mental effect: This involves PTSD (post-traumatic stress),
pressing, drug abuse, suicidal thoughts etc.
3.) Emotional effect: This involves feeling unworthy, hopeless and not motivated etc.
4.)It affects the development of the kids and they suffer from
depression, anxiety, fear etc
Domestic violence always produces an international cycles of
violence. Funny, only few people see themselves as being abused; considering it as family matter.
- Girl education: Some people still believe that training a female child is a waste of time and money 'cause they feel she'd still end up in the kitchen, well sorry to disappoint you but ladies can do much more than just being house wives, lots of educated women are doing fine in our society today. Every child deserves equal right to education.We don't think anyone should be treated differently because of their gender, we are all one and it's high time we realized that.
The primary aim of the girls foundation is to enlighten youths and increase the awareness of the steem blockchain and steemit. Giving girls the ability to create wealth with their writing skills, without waiting for the government intervention.
Visit to the orphanage
2nd of July 2018 the girls foundation visited Lemu orphanage home in port Harcourt, Nigeria.
After which we talked to the owners of the orphanage and presented the little gift we got for them.
Then we moved on to the story section which was the most interesting aspect of the visit. I handled the story section and i told the kids two stories, titled "the honest wood cutter" and "the man and the little cat"
Visit to enlighten young ladies
On the 13th of June 2018 we visit the females of new era collage.
- We gave a briefing about the foundation and it's goals
- Gave lectures
- Question and answer section
- Gift section
- And the amazing pictures section.
Distribution of writing materials to assist the educational sector
We visited the school on their graduation, 19th July 2018 to give the graduating students and the best graduating students gifts to encourage them.
Brought to you by @faetee
We would be so much be glad and grateful if you could support @girlsfoundation with your Delegation by simply clicking any of the preferred links below. Many Thanks for your support.