Hello friends! Free TON has announced a competition for the development and implementation of an HTTP notification module for external applications and services. This module should be able to send HTTP notifications
Submission period: 15 September 2021 - 15 October 2021 23:59 UTC
In order to ensure the anonymity of blockchain users, a separation has been made between the blockchain data and the addresses of the recipients of this data. For this, the following modules are introduced:
- Queue Provider - knows what to send (data itself). It doesn’t have any information about the real world address of the recipient. It allows the user to configure an event source based on the following parameters: “Account address” and its message types: internal / external In / external Out
Queue provider forwards prepared and encrypted messages to Notification provider. Each message contains a key by which the Notification provider can match the corresponding recipient
- Notification Providers - knows where to send (recipient real world address like IP and port, e-mail, APN ID, FCM ID, etc). It doesn’t have any information about the data. It receives and sends the data encrypted.
It could be possible to have several types of Notification Providers depending on the type of recipient and the transport (browser, http-server, smartphone devices, e-mail, etc.)
This contest is about HTTP Notification Provider Module or in short, HTTP Notification Module.
HTTP Notification Module sends http requests with blockchain events to the registered consumer.
The Http Notification module provides users with the ability to configure itself via REST API.
HTTP Notification Module’s possible consumers are online stores, external web-services, telegram bots, vkontakte, and any service with Internet connection and external access from the Internet. This means the consumer requirements include the presence of an http-server to receive push-notifications.
- Availability of HTTP API methods.
1.1. Add a unique identifier and notification parameters to the internal database
1.2. Get the configuration - optional
1.2.1. Module information (name, description, logo, surf address - to be able to reach out to service developers for support).
1.2.2. Get the structural input parameters for the current module.
- All HTTP API methods must return a 200 response if the requested operation is successful and corresponding HTTP error code otherwise.
- http-server with some UI (telegram bot, web page, etc) should be provided to test the work of the module
Requirements for the HTTP Notification Module:
- Guaranteed delivery of notifications within N time (for example, 1-24 hours) and repeated delivery of notifications if the delivery address is unavailable.
- Support for HTTPS protocol
- When adding a new URL address, verification of the ability to manage a domain, website or a specific url address should be performed by the person, requesting to send notifications to this address
- Logging of events of http notifications for the possibility of displaying them in charts
- Availability of documentation with usage examples.
- Compiling, building, deploying, running and testing instructions with prerequisites.
Parameters for the HTTP module:
• URL (the line starts with https://)
• Method (GET, PUT, POST, …) (optional parameter, by default it’s POST)
• Query (a parameter line), optional parameter, by default it’s “param”
Queue Provider API
API of the Queue Provider which could be used to get blockchain events stream is described in the following document: Notion – The all-in-one workspace for your notes, tasks, wikis, and databases
- Compliance with the technical requirements provided in this contest description.
- The quality of the documentation description for the module.
- Easy to set up and simulate.
- Operates in accordance with the terms of reference and the declared functions.
- Source code (open source, Free Software licence).
- Apart from uploading a submission, a code should be submitted in accordance with GitHub - freeton-org/readme 1.
Reward & Vesting
- 1st place - 100’000 TONs
- 2nd place - 75’000 TONs
- 3rd place - 50’000 TONs
- 4rd place - 40’000 TONs
- 5rd place - 30’000 TONs
- 6rd place - 20’000 TONs
- 7rd place - 10’000 TONs
- 8rd place - 5’000 TONs
- 9rd place - 3’000 TONs
- 10rd place - 1’000 TONs
Rewards up to 10K will be paid at the end of the contest. Rewards above 10K will be paid as follows: half at the end of the competition and half in equal parts over 12 months (vesting). The conditions for obtaining the vesting are as follows:
- Github issues should be responded to within 24 hours.
- Critical module malfunctions should be fixed within 3 days.
- In the case of a Queue Provider API changes or other blockchain changes, the code must be updated no later than within 1 month after the change.
- All other adequate issues should be resolved within one month
Landing page - https://http.freeton.today/
Official news - https://forum.freeton.org/t/notification-service-1/11514/3
Developers Chat - https://t.me/freeton_dev_exp
Introduction to FREE TON (short course) - https://freeton.academy/courses/introduction-to-free-ton-ru/