The TENTH Fractal Writing Contest is over. There were 9 contestants this time, I think we can do better than that and let our creative juices flow! We had haikus, stories and a wonderful Fractal-Rap entry that I wish someone could record aloud over a haunting backbeat. Most entries had to do with birth and creation, something coming into existence with a big bang!
The contest post expired with a payout of 4.361 SBD, and the rewards are as follows:
|@kaelci||1st||2.9 SBD||short story|
Congratulations to all participants and a big thank you to all upvoters. I'd like to see more participation in these contests and get a bigger reward pool to distribute, so it would be helpful to resteem and/or upvote. If there are enough SBDs made by the contest post, I will try to reward more winners.
By the way -- I was thinking of sending printouts of the fractal to the winners instead of SBD rewards, but I have to check out how to do it first; online on-demand print services, perhaps? If anyone has any suggestions feel free to post them.
This week, the ELEVENTH installment of the Fractal Writing Contest will run.
Each post in this contest series will contain a fractal, a 2-dimensional representation of a complex mathematical formula. The participants have to post a comment
with something inspired by the fractal, be it just a title, a haiku, a story, whatever.
- You have to reply with a comment in the contest post.
- The reply must be inspired by the fractal, but no explanation needed.
- Any kind of content is acceptable: just a title, a haiku, a poem, a short story, a painting, a photo, a video, a doodle, whatever. The content must be yours, no links to other people's work accepted.
- I will pick the best reply, when the post expires (1 week after posting it).
- The winner gets 50-75% of the SBD made in the post, minimum 1 SBD. The rest are split to the other winners: if there are enough SBDs made by the contest post, I will try to reward a 2nd- and 3rd- place winner, as well.
- Upvotes and resteems are welcomed, but not necessary to participate.
Fractal for Contest #11:click on image for detailed view
A fractal made in JWildFire
(click on image for detailed view)