As the crypto space becomes more widely adopted, more tools will need to be developed to make things easier on users. I thought it may be helpful to outline a few I’ve come across, with a few descriptions and examples. Please let me know if there are others you prefer and I can add them to the list.
The best API for getting cryptocurrency pricing, OHLC and volume data from multiple exchanges.
- CoinList: https://www.cryptocompare.com/api/data/coinlist/
- Price: https://min-api.cryptocompare.com/data/price?fsym=ETH&tsyms=BTC,USD,EUR
- PriceHistorical: https://min-api.cryptocompare.com/data/pricehistorical?fsym=ETH&tsyms=BTC,USD,EUR&ts=1452680400&extraParams=your_app_name
- CoinSnapshot: https://www.cryptocompare.com/api/data/coinsnapshot/?fsym=BTC&tsym=USD
- CoinSnapshotFullById: https://www.cryptocompare.com/api/data/coinsnapshotfullbyid/?id=1182
- SocialStats: https://www.cryptocompare.com/api/data/socialstats/?id=1182
- HistoMinute: https://min-api.cryptocompare.com/data/histominute?fsym=BTC&tsym=USD&limit=60&aggregate=3&e=CCCAGG
- HistoHour: https://min-api.cryptocompare.com/data/histohour?fsym=BTC&tsym=USD&limit=60&aggregate=3&e=CCCAGG
- HistoDay: https://min-api.cryptocompare.com/data/histoday?fsym=BTC&tsym=USD&limit=60&aggregate=3&e=CCCAGG
- MiningContracts: https://www.cryptocompare.com/api/data/MiningContracts
- MiningEquipment: https://www.cryptocompare.com/api/data/miningequipment/
Lionshare Capital API
API that powers Lionshare by providing both historical (REST) and realtime time (websocket) cryptocurrency market data. The data is sourced from GDAX, Poloniex, and Coinmarketcap.
CoinMarketCap JSON API
API provided by CoinMarketCap
- Ticker: https://api.coinmarketcap.com/v1/ticker/
- Ticker (specific): https://api.coinmarketcap.com/v1/ticker/bitcoin/
- Global: https://api.coinmarketcap.com/v1/global/
Cryptocurrencies exchange rates API
Cryptonator provides unique volume of cryptocurrency exchange rates data, which is delivered in easy-to-integrate JSON format via simple HTTPS requests. Prices are updated every 30 seconds, covering 300+ cryptocurrencies across 58 exchanges.
- Simple Ticker: https://api.cryptonator.com/api/ticker/btc-usd
- Complete Ticker: https://api.cryptonator.com/api/full/btc-usd
The all-in-one digital currency API. Live streaming bitcoin market & blockchain data
You need an API key to make the requests, but they have a great console on their docs to test out the calls.
Coinbase Digital API
Our API makes it easy to integrate bitcoin, litecoin and ethereum into both new and existing applications. Coinbase’s APIs enable a variety of capabilities; from simply gathering read-only data, to building something that’s never been done before.
You need an API key to make the requests, but they have great docs to test out the calls.