I acquired some natural 100% Shea Butter and I'm super excited to make some homemade body care products.
I learned that Shea Butter doesn't have a scent to it. Interesting hey? It also comes hard as a brick, but it melts at body temperature. I was very surprised at how hard it was.
I'm going to try to make a couple different things, here are some of the ideas that I've thought of.
- Lip Butter
- Beet juice & ginger infused
- Carrot juice & lemon infused
- Blueberry & lemon infused
- Honeydew & vanilla infused
- Body Scrub
- Coffee, white sugar, coconut oil & shea butter
- Orange Zest, orange juice/almond oil & shea butter + white sugar
- Shea Butter, coconut butter, white & brown sugar & vanilla
- Body Butter
- Lavender & mint infused
- Something Mojito inspired, cucumber mint and lemon/lime?
- Hair Care
- Hair Mask; Shea butter & coconut oil (Although I'm cheating with this one and I will be using a coconut pre shampoo hair oil that is already a product, not just straight coconut oil*)
If you guys have any suggestions, please let me know! I'll be spending my Friday making homemade body care products and I can't wait to share with you all! I'm a little nervous, but I guess if they don't turn out good then it's not the end of the world.
I'm super excited to try to make some of these! I'll take lots of pictures and let you guys know how it turns out! ❤️