The '3.5% rule': How a small minority can change the world

26일 전

Shared From Dlike

Absolutely incredible research by Erica Chenoweth, a political scientist at Harvard University into non-violent, passive protest and simple civil disobedience.

This is how we change the world, with many loud voices, not guns, weapons, fighting and violence.

There are so many examples within this article of how passive protest is more successful than violent conflict that everyone should read this and then use the techniques to bring about the change of the masses require. This is simple democracy on a huge scale without the use of ballot boxes.

My only slight reservation about the figures as that if it only takes 3.5% of the population to create change, does the other 96.5% who don't take to the streets agree by their silence?

I hopoe everyone takes time to read this, but within the UK, I believe access to www.bbc.com/future is blocked due to it being a commercially operated service.
If that's the case, please reply in comments and I will copy/paste the whole thing for you!

So, from www.bbc.com/future ....

Nonviolent protests are twice as likely to succeed as armed conflicts – and those engaging a threshold of 3.5% of the population have never failed to bring about change.


Source of shared Link

Authors get paid when people like you upvote their post.
If you enjoyed what you read here, create your account today and start earning FREE STEEM!
STEEMKR.COM IS SPONSORED BY
ADVERTISEMENT
Sort Order:  trending

That's interesting, thanks for the link :)

·

It's great research and eye opening reading. If you can't get it, let me know :-)

Posted using Partiko Android

Magic Dice has rewarded your post with a 58% upvote. Thanks for playing Magic Dice.

·

You have receive an upvote. Thanks for playing moonSTEEM

Thank you so much for participating in the Partiko Delegation Plan Round 1! We really appreciate your support! As part of the delegation benefits, we just gave you a 3.00% upvote! Together, let’s change the world!

Hi @nathen007!

Your post was upvoted by @steem-ua, new Steem dApp, using UserAuthority for algorithmic post curation!
Your UA account score is currently 5.562 which ranks you at #590 across all Steem accounts.
Your rank has improved 5 places in the last three days (old rank 595).

In our last Algorithmic Curation Round, consisting of 483 contributions, your post is ranked at #43.

Evaluation of your UA score:
  • You've built up a nice network.
  • The readers like your work!
  • Great user engagement! You rock!

Feel free to join our @steem-ua Discord server