What is your preferred solution to the Fermi Paradox?
From Earth, we can see Billions of stars, trillions including galaxies where we can't make out stars individually.
The Universe is approx 13 billion years old, which is a lot of time for life to emerge and multiple generations for large stars. Life has already emerged in one place at least in that time.
Under known physics, it should only take 2 million years at most for a civilization which has advanced to space travel to colonize an entire galaxy, if even a tiny tiny fraction of them want to.
If there are any civilization out there, we should see clear evidence of it. The fact that we can see stars at all should be surprising (this is known as the Dyson Dilemma)
5, Among those billions/trillions of stars, we have not seen any evidence of extra terrestrial civilizations.
Why don't we see any evidence of extra terrestrial civilizations?
You can choose multiple answers, but keep in mind if they are compatible with each other (don't choose multiple incompatible answers).
Answers are pulled from wikipedia
- Extraterrestrial life is rare or non-existent
- No other intelligent species have arisen
- Intelligent alien species lack advanced technology
- Water world hypothesis
- It is the nature of intelligent life to destroy itself
- It is the nature of intelligent life to destroy others
- Periodic extinction by natural events
- Inflation hypothesis and the youngness argument
- Intelligent civilizations are too far apart in space or time
- Lack of resources to spread physically throughout the galaxy
- Lack of desire to live on planets
- It is cheaper to transfer information for exploration
- Human beings have not existed long enough
- We are not listening properly
- Civilizations broadcast detectable radio signals only for a brief period of time
- They tend to isolate themselves
- Colonization is not the norm
- Outcomes between all and nothing
- They are too alien
- Everyone is listening but no one is transmitting
- Earth is deliberately not contacted
- Earth is purposefully isolated (planetarium hypothesis)
- It is dangerous to communicate
- They are here unacknowledged
- Other explanation (explain in comment)
Answer the question at dpoll.xyz.