- HANDLING MONEY: The Bible does not condemn money but gives safe guidelines on the attitude of Christians to money.
- Do not love money. 1 Timothy 6:6-10. The remedy is contentment with what God provides.
- Do not be too preoccupied with searching for money at the expense of God. Matthew 6:33.
- Do not hoard it up, Matthew 9:19; 1 Timothy 6:17. Your financial strength has no bearing in heaven or hell. A note of caution is found in 1 Timothy 5:8.
- Do not worship money. Matthew 6:24, Proverbs 11:28. Money should not be your God. No idolater shall inherit kingdom of God.
- Do not live in debts as a way of life. The only recommended debt is love. Romans 13:8.
- Remember you have been bought with a price (1 Corinthians 6:20) your money is the property of your Master. You are only a custodian. 1 Corinthians 4:2-7; Deuteronomy 8:18.
- Do not put your trust in your money. 1 Timothy 6:17.
- Do not be involved in extortion, bribery, corruption, etc Isaiah 33:15.
- GIVING: Biblical Principles of Giving, the following principles of giving should be observed:
WHY DO YOU GIVE? love for God, John 3:16. To follow after God's example. The above Bible quote gives you the opportunity to recognize the Ultimate Giver. Deuteronomy 8:11-14. It is an opportunity to sow and to be a blessing. Proverbs 14:21. It helps you to avoid the trap of stinginess. Proverbs 11:21; 2 Corinthians 9:6. It attracts God's favorable attention e.g King Solomon in 1 Kings 3:4-5.
WHAT DO YOU GIVE?
skills, time, prayers etc. Exodus 35:435.
To whom do you give?
God's work. Exodus 35:29, Spiritual leaders, Galatians 6:6, The less privileged, Proverbs 19:17.
HOW DO YOU GIVE?
a. Freely and cheerfully. Proverbs 11:24; 2 Corinthians 9:7.
b. In proportion to and at times beyond your means. Acts 11:29.
c. Give without publicity. Matthew 6:1-4.
Wealth made through unethical / corrupt means and given for God's cause cannot Pacify God. Psalms 26:9-19; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10. You cannot buy a good relationship with God.