- TITHES IN THE CHURCH: Tithe is one tenth of your total or gross income. It belongs to God.
Mal. 3:8-12, Lev. 27:30. Paying of tithes is NOT a sacrifice but an act of returning to God what He has given you that belongs to Him. It is not optional.
WHY PAY TITHES
- to follow biblical footstep. It was given before the law, Genesis 28:22, commanded by God as law, Lev. 27:30-32, Jesus advised against the neglect, Matthew 22:23.
- To honour God and support the church.
- It does not belong to you but God; spending it is robbing God. Malachi 3:8.
HOW TO PAY TITHES
- Must be done cheerfully, not gru
- Must be done with a heart of gratitude.
- Must be seen as an opportunity to give back to God.
WHEN TO PAY TITHES
Promptly benefit of tithing
- Evidence of faith in God.
- Joy of the abundance in the house of God.
- Divine blessing beyond comprehension.
- OFFERINGS: They are gifts you give to God in addition to your tithe. While tithe open the windowsof heaven, offerings determine what is poured out.
DANGERS OF NEGLECT OF TITHES AND OFFERING
- One is directly under a curse
- Opens doors to devourers
- Stealing from God.
If your money represents your time, strength, talents and inheritance then it is scriptural allow God control your money.