The contract address, block number, and function signature have been released. I've updated this post to reflect these changes and some additional information. You can view them here
- Address: 0x0D8775F648430679A709E98d2b0Cb6250d2887EF
- Block: 3,798,640 - approximately 8:00am PDT on Wednesday, May 31
- Signature: 0xb4427263
- Exchange rate: 6,400 BAT per ETH
If you caught my recent steemit post, Getting in to ICOs - A Guide and Some Tips & Tricks, then a lot of this is going to be familiar already, but here I'm going to focus specifically on the Basic Attention Token (BAT) ICO token sale happening May 31st. If this is your first ICO, or you're just now starting to think about investing in BAT, please read this post. As always, do your own due diligence. I am not responsible for your decisions or actions.
Details about the ICO
From the BAT site:
- Raising $24 million in ETH, which is about 133,333 ETH @ $180 per ETH
- Cap of 1.5 billion BAT tokens
- Tokens for sale: 1 billion
- User Growth pool: 300 million
- BAT developmement pool: 200 million
- Exchange rate is 6400 BAT per ETH (
it will be around 7500 BAT per ETH)
- You will receive BAT as soon as you send ETH to the contract address and they can be traded immediately (see the bottom of this post for info on how to see your BAT balance on MEW)
Getting in ASAP
For this ICO, there is no early-bird discount or rewards for getting in quickly, so the main reason for wanting to set things up ahead of time is simply so that you can get in at all. The BAT ICO is pretty hot, and people are going to miss out.
The things you need:
- ICO Contract address: 0x0D8775F648430679A709E98d2b0Cb6250d2887EF from here
- Parity installed and synced / running during the start of the ICO
- Amount of Ether for the investment and fees ready in a wallet linked to a Parity Account
- Block number for when the ICO goes live: 3,798,640 from here
- Function Signature: 0xb4427263 from here
I'll be using Parity's automatic sending option since the ICO will start on a specific block number, not an exact time. See this post for information on how to automatically broadcast a transaction at a specific block number.
Once you have everything you need, go to your Parity Account and begin a transfer.
- Copy and paste the ICO address from https://basicattentiontoken.org/: 0x0D8775F648430679A709E98d2b0Cb6250d2887EF.
- Enter the amount of Ether you want to invest and check "advanced sending options"
- On the next page, select Send after Block Number and use the block number provided at https://basicattentiontoken.org/: 3,798,640. Something I've come across recently is that your transaction may not actually occur on the exact block you specify here since it depends on the miners. I recommend using 3,798,645 to be safe.
- Enter the function signature, 0xb4427263, in the transaction data field.
- Change the gas field to 200,000
- Optional: The Ethereum network is likely to get more congested during big ICOs like this, and raising your gas price will help your transaction be mined quickly. I will be using 30,000,000,000 for my gas price.
- Review the total transaction amount, and send.
I believe this method is likely the quickest way to send your Ether in to the ICO, but another option is to pre-sign a transaction and broadcast it yourself.
Seeing Your BAT on MEW
- On MyEtherWallet, go to "Send Ether & Tokens" tab and click on "Add Custom Token."
- Put the ICO address, 0x0D8775F648430679A709E98d2b0Cb6250d2887EF, in the "Token Symbol" field.
- Put 18 in the "Decimals field and click "Save".
If you'd like to know more about how Gas works in Ethereum, check out this post.
Although I've linked it 5+ times now, this post is extremely important if you've never done an ICO before are want more info on how to do them.