I saw a post by @adsactly on how to make picnic scotch eggs and I decided to share this beautiful post on how to make the African egg rolls.
Looks like scotch eggs right? Yea ! And its so easy to make. This is what you need. Based on the quantity you want to make.
- 6 eggs (you'll have to boil them)
*3/4 cup of warm water
*1/2 teaspoon of yeast
*1/3 cup of Whole milk
*1 1/2 tablespoon of sugar (or to your taste)
*1 teaspoon of salt
*2 cups of flour
*250g of margarine
*Oil for deep-frying
You may decide to add some ground pepper or paprika if you like.
WHAT TO DO
- Pour the warm water and yeast in a bowl and set aside for about 5 minutes and then add milk, sugar, and salt
- In another bowl, mix butter with flour very well until both ingredients have been fully incorporated. You may use an electric mixer or by hand.
- Add in the yeast mixture and keep mixing until well combined.
- Take out the dough and place on a lightly floured surface. Knead it very well until it is smooth.
- Flour the surface properly again and roll out the dough to about 1 inch thickness.
- Cut out circles with a round cup or cover by pressing it on the dough and releasing it.Continue until you have exhausted your dough.
- Wrap the dough around each egg neatly and accurately and make sure there are no cracks or opening.
- Cover and allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- Pour oil into a medium skillet and heat up until it is hot but not smoking.
- Gently drop the egg rolls in the oil and fry, until golden brown for about 5-8 minutes.
- Remove the egg rolls and place them on paper towels.
- Serve warm and enjoy!!!
Feel free to try out this recipe and also, give the post an upvote. Seee ya!