Crepes is a thin pancake filled with different varieties of sweet or savoury delicious fillings. It’s famous in France and sold as a street food. So simple and straightforward to make it, The batter can be done in minutes. Ingredients are basics and mostly at hand. Crepes is a tasty meal anytime of the day.
All purpose Flour, 2 cups
Salt, ½ tsp
Milk, 1 ½ cup
Eggs, 4 large pieces
Melted butter, ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp for frying
Fillings could be:
- Cinnamon and sugar
- Nutella spread
- Sprinkle of sugar
- Saute mushroom and cheese on top
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk.
- In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients and whisk gently.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until the batter is smooth.
- Add the melted butter and give a good mix.
- Let the batter rest for 1 hour.
- Brush the pan with butter. 8-10 inch frying pan is ideal to use.
- Pour ⅓ cup of the batter then swirl around on the side, cook for 2 minutes in flip on the other side.
- Add a drop of milk into the batter for easy pouring into the pan.
- Room temperature is ideal for making easy mixture.
- You can use skim milk or plant based milk instead of whole milk. It will still be delicious.
- You can make the batter and can store it in a fridge overnight for the next day.
- You can also store the pancake in a freezer for future use, Just place a baking paper on the surface of each pancake and pack it in an airtight container box.
Try these super easy and delicious crepes for a delightful and savoury treat.
What are your favorite fillings?
I appreciate your feedback and will be so glad to get back to you.
Thank you and I wish you a wonderful day!