Cashew chicken is a fried chicken chunks combine with roasted cashews. This flavorful Chinese dish is a popular takeout in chinese restaurant, and the good thing is you can make it at home too, easy, tasty and less oily.
For this recipe, I have only used ingredients at hand. Rice vinegar is originally added in this dish, but since it’s not available in my pantry, I replace it with 3 tbsp of Oyster sauce and 2 tbsp of Soy sauce and it’s still delicious. Feel free to add chili if you want it spicy.
- Chicken breast 400 g (bite size pieces)
- All purpose flour (½ cup)
- Oyster sauce (3 tbsp)
- Soy sauce (2 tbsp)
- Red capsicum
- Green onion
- Cashew nuts (unsalted)
- Roast the cashew nut for a minute or until slightly brown and set aside. Mixing it spontaneously to avoid getting burned.
- Combine the beaten egg into the chicken and mix to coat all the pieces.
- Dip the chicken into the flour
- Shallow Fry the chicken pieces in to a medium heat pan with oil. Fry them in batches, Avoid overloading the pan so it doesn’t get watery.
- Drain them in a kitchen towel to absorb the oil and set aside.
- In the same pan, adding a bit of oil, Saute garlic and onion until fragrant
- Add the Red capsicum and Stir fry for few minutes
- Add the oyster sauce and soy sauce, Mix well until the sauce thickens
- Adding the fried chicken pieces and roasted cashew nuts. Stir fry for few minutes.
Season with salt and ground black pepper and remove from heat.
lastly , Add the Green onion for a crispy texture.
- Serve warm with a bed of rice. Enjoy!
You can add more vegetables for additional flavor and texture.
This saucy and very tasty chicken is packed in protein. A popular chinese take away made easy. Try this recipe and make your chicken breast interesting.
What is your version of Cashew chicken? I Appreciate your comment and a good way to share ideas.