Hi guys!! I hope you all are well! I am back with a super delicious recipe, actually a few of them! The white bean hummus, the avocado dip, and the baked eggplant + sweet potato go very well on toast or any gluten free bread or pizza.
It is Monday and finally, the sun came back to Vienna! I hope you all enjoyed some free time during the weekend, and feel excited about the new week. This week I want to sort out all the things we don't need and use at home. It occupies a lot of space and I feel that it is connected with the space inside me. So let go of unnecessary things and feel free.
And now its time for this brunch, lunch recipe that is absolutely worth trying out!!
Savoury Toast with baked eggplants, sweet potatoes, avocado dip and a white bean hummus
- 1 eggplant + virgin olive oil and sea salt
- 1 sweet potato
- 4 mushrooms
- 1 handful cocktail tomatoes
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Some cucumber slices
- Optional: Fresh Basil
- 1 ripe avocado
- Splash of fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Optional: 1 small pressed garlic clove
White bean hummus:
- 1 cup white beans (optional: cook your own beans and chickpeas to avoid extra salt and preservatives)
- ½ cup chickpeas
- ½ cup water or aquafaba
- 2 tbsp virgin olive oil
- Fresh juice from ½ lemon
- Optional: 1 small garlic, pressed
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp flaxseeds
- Sea salt, pepper & ground caraway seeds to taste
- Tips: you can also add some fresh herbs to the white bean hummus for more color and taste!
- ½ cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 tsp virgin coconut oil
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- Curry spices, pepper and sea salt
- Slice the eggplant and sweet potato.
- Rub the eggplant is some sea salt and set aside for 10-15 minutes, to let the eggplant sweat.
- Wipe the eggplant dry with a clean towel. Rub them with some virgin olive oil. Be sure every spot is covered.
- Bake the eggplant and sweet potato at 200 degree Celsius for 30-45 minutes or until they get some color. Turn them around after 20 minutes to an even color on both sides.
- For the white bean hummus, simply add all the ingredients in a food processor or blender, and blend until very smooth, takes about 2-3 minutes depending on blender or food processor. Taste with sea salt, pepper and ground caraway seeds.
- For the avocado dip, spoon out the avocado flesh in a bowl, add a splash of lemon juice, the pressed garlic, and mash with a fork. Taste with sea salt and pepper.
- Roasted chickpeas: fry the chickpeas in a pan with the coconut oil, curry and pressed garlic. When it starts to pop or after 3-4 minutes, put the roasted chickpeas in a bowl and taste with sea salt and pepper.
- Roast the sliced mushrooms in some coconut oil for some minutes, until light golden.
- Roast or bake the toasts in a pan/in the oven until crispy and light golden.
- Put a slice of baked eggplant, sweet potato on the toast, then add some white bean hummus or avocado dip, chopped tomatoes, fried mushrooms, arugula, basil, cucumber. Garnish with fresh alfalfa sprouts and roasted chickpeas.
This is of course for my dear friend Lena @lenasveganliving and her #fruitsandveggiesmonday contest! If you dont know about her contest yet, check it out here!
Cant get enough? You can alo find me here:
While you are still here, take your time to check out my other recipes and recent posts:
Epic Burger Made of wholefoods only
White Chocolate & Nutella Mousse Cupcakes
Cookie Dough White Chocolate Caramel & Chocolate
Ice Cream & Cookie Double Ice Cream Cookie
Nicecream: 1 ingredient ice cream
Dream cake: Vanilla & Chocolate Cream Cake
Breakfast Ideas and recipes, top 5! & Mango-Millet Porridge
Granola in 10 minutes! Recipe & Apple Pie Granola + Bars
PEANUT BUTTER-CHOCOLATE CUPS with roasted hazelnuts Recipe
Brownies: CHOCOLATE BROWNIES!
Coconut Ice cream Cake: Coconut Ice-Cream Bundt Cake with hot Jam and Chocolate!
Nutella only 4 basic ingredients!
Sweet Nutella Pizza
Life & Inspiration:
- Finding back to myself
- Diaper free Baby, how to make it possible
- How to use the only-water method for your hair
- Life changing questions
- I am a vegan mom
- Live your dreams
- How to find your inner purpose in life❤
Thank you all! ❤
I want to inspire you to live your dreams, eat delicious, wholesome, nourishing, healthy food, and keep a creative mind. We all can do that, now!❤
Health starts inside our mind.
All content and images are mine and original. If you want to share my work, you are welcome. Just remember to tag me.