We now have 07 machines but need six more machines to effectively engage 13 young girls in textile recycling and fashion designing.
@ecodesigns is a textile recycling and fashion designing hub that is training young girls in textile recycling and fashion designing in a bid to alleviate poverty and youth unemployment, reduce inequalities, improve the health and wellbeing of the poor and disadvantaged, as well as reduce textile waste pollution and clean-up the city of Bamenda, North West Region - Cameroon.
For over two months now, we have been crowdfunding on @fundition to raise funds to purchase sewing machines to effectively educate and engage young girls in our textile recycling and fashion designing project.
While seeking for your support, we just wanted to let you know what we already have and what we are currently doing.
We currently have seven sewing machines, Solar lamps, a spacious hub equipped with furniture and have already enrolled 11 young girls in our textile recycling and fashion designing project. We also have 03 Training Directors who are training the 11 young girls.
Our seven sewing machines include;
1. A newly bought Emel Overlocker Sewing Machine
2. An Emel industrial Sewing Machine
3. A Butterfly industrial Embroidery Machine
4. 02 Butterfly Sewing Machines and 02 Singer Sewing Machines
We also have Lamps that were donated to us by @chrisaiki and @solarcoach to light up the hub in times of power failure.
Our hub is well equipped with furniture and has been able to sell her upcycled products to pay the rents and electricity bills for over a year now. Our major challenge is the lack of machines.
We can do more but we lack materials and machines to increase our textile recycling and women empowerment project. We have 11 trainees and 02 Training Directors but have just 06 machines which are not enough for the 13 young girls who are striving to get empowered as well as clean-up the world. It is for this reason that @ecodesigns is striving to raise funds to purchase 7 machines so that we can double our productivity and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of our textile recycling and fashion designing training.
Learn more about Ecodesigns at https://steemit.com/introduceyourself/@ecodesigns/introducing-ecodesigns-a-textile-recycling-and-fashion-designing-hub-that-is-empowering-young-women
1. Delegate @ecodesigns Steem power. We appreciate any amount of SP Delegation.
2. Upvote @ecodesigns Posts
3. Donate @ecodesigns Steem or Steem Dollars
4. Follow, Comment and Resteem @ecodesigns posts
5. Support @ecodesigns on Fundition to purchase more equipment to train more women and girls in textile recycling and fashion designing hence contribute in reducing youth unemployment, inequalities and poverty, improve the health and wellbeing of people and contribute in cleaning up the environment.