logo(s) subject to change
Time For a 'Chainge'
In case you missed the first post, let me reiterate a few things. Here at Chain Games, we see the potential to expand and build on the ever increasing demand for entertainment via the gaming industry and are leveraging it to bring more people to our beloved STEEM blockchain. There is no true gaming community that I am aware of inclusive of all types of gaming on the chain. Our goals are to unite the gamers already here on STEEM and to reach out to all people of all ages with something suitable for them not only to play, but to learn about and feel included in! As hard fork 20 approaches we are harboring this blockchain to its full and present potential by building a community people will love and want to be a part of.
Imagine a site where you already fabulous gaming Steempeeps can have it dedicated to your interests. VIDEO GAMES! We will have review authors for the latest games, live streaming feeds, and of course, exclusive games! There will be a unique membership offered and innovative rewards system (thanks to SMT's and the impending HF20) in place to encourage people to keep coming back for more. @enginewitty's vision is a huge puzzle piece to get this beautiful picture going and here's what he has envisioned so far:
- New member creation via email. Upon creating a member, they will also have to choose a unique username and SITE PASSWORD as they will be effectively creating a STEEM profile. Permission to use necessary keys will be granted for the site upon creation. Their key access will be emailed to them and an explanation as to what they are used for. They will be automatically signed up for a newsletter which will periodically inform them of new games and features on the site.
- As all emails and likewise, STEEM IDs, are unique, they will be given the option to login upon return with either their username or email and password. If a person is already a blockchain citizen, they may use their necessary keys to log in.
- Customizable profile options including but not limited to profile pics, decide what they want to see and also accept as 'tips'.
- Only posts relating to the blockchain and video games will be found on the site. These can be anything from reviews to gameplay experiences on up to advancements with current other UIs or chain forks.
- There will be a section for game streaming with 4 different categories - Favorites, Newcomers, Live Now, and Hot Streams. The goal is to harness DLive and reward those streamers regardless if they are streaming one of our games or not. This is a community for gamers. I have been in touch with reps from the DLive crew, so woohoo!
- A home website and a mobile app with the ability to either download or play some of the games directly from the site(s).
- Multiple currency and Token support. As other SMT's surface, some may be accepted depending on demand. STEEM and SBD will always be accepted. We already have one of our devs that have built a gateway to allow Credit/Debit, BTC, LTC, various other cryptos and fiat to be accepted as payment BUT
- Not just payments, also as a previously mentioned tip system. When a user creates a profile, they will have the options to choose which ways they can be rewarded on the site for their gaming content. Defaults will be our token and STEEM (same as a Steemit upvote).
- A login bonus will be created similar to many of the games that are already out there to encourage game play and can be used to trade for in game and on site purchases and even trading with other members.
- Free to play games!! What's better than playing a game for free??
- Game reviews for the hottest and newest games of all genres from STEEM-based to Indie to Shooters to Action RPGs.
- Links to specific game forums for our blockchain based games and gamers.
- Chatbox for all the silly trolls and gabby ones
- Adspace? Still a lot up in the air as to what we can do with this ;)
What (and Who) We Have
- Site Designer and Devs - @instructor2121 and his excellent team
- Graphic artists/writers - @calumam, @penderis & @wolv (creators behind @themonstertrader)
- Content creators/editors - @enginewitty, @derangedvisions, @alvinauh, @fiftysixnorth, @simgirl
- Game designers/developers - @sapphic, @thedegensloth, @sirlunchthehost, @ecoinstant & @jozefkrichards
- Moderators/Oracles - @enginewitty, @snook +
- Marketing Team - @ameliabartlett +
In The Works/Wanted
- Possible integration with the brand new @steempets by @thebugiq, @poeticsnake and @derosnec
- @steemmonsters integration, in talks with @aggroed about level of involvement as it progresses
- Background (possibly) music for games - @isaria, @yidneth, @playitforward?
- Reaching out to already established gaming companies to generate revenue via affiliation and breed familiarity
- Contacting several other devs and designers for new original games
- Review writers and gamers to submit publications for just about any kind of gaming related material
- Other site mods/oracles
As was discussed in the initial announcement, we have been reaching out to people and likewise, they have been reaching out to us! We still have plenty of work to do and ample time to do it, but here's what I'm really excited about!
Current Original Games
- @chibera - This is a MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Play Game) and the first of its kind to integrate with the STEEM blockchain. It is also the first to have agreed to let us feature them on the site and house a portal to play the game.
- Crypto Wars - After seeing the battlefield first hand in anticipation of playing the alpha release personally, I can say that I'm pretty excited about this one. @sirlunchthehost has quite the imagination and humorous bone so you can expect a great game here.
- With no definitive name yet, I had a nice long chat about a new simulation game that @ecoinstant and @jozefkrichards are concocting. I believe it will appeal heavily to the homesteading nations of STEEM and the other gamers across the world.
Feel You Can Contribute?
Reach out to @enginewitty on discord and let me know what your capabilities are and the amount of time you can dedicate to this project or simply comment below and I will search you out. This is still in its early conception so is very pliable as to the direction we take. I would be more than happy to talk to anyone that wants to be involved in some form or another.
It's Coming Along!
I love playing video games and all kinds of things related. I am personally (@enginewitty) one of the top holders of Steem Monsters cards and play 'The Lord of Darkness' on @carrieallen & @chrisrobert's Playhouse on Friday Nights @ 7p.m. EST. Competition brings out the best in people and I'm counting on it to bring the best out of our STEEM brothers and sisters as well. STeeM oN my peoples!