Just like everywhere, fads come and go - and that includes games. People lose interest or move on to play the next newest toy, but I've never been like that. If something is good to me, I am good back. I am a dinosaur from the age where loyalty meant something.
It's been nine months now since I first discovered it, so why do I continue to play this MMORPG game?
Read on (the list is in no particular order), and I hope you will be inspired to try the game out for yourselves.
- It is FREE to play
- It is EASY to play
- You have the opportunity to earn REWARDS
- The game developers are a GREAT bunch of people
- We are encouraged to develop parallel projects which complement the game
- We can become an ARCH-NEMESIS to other players (aye @aussieninja)
- It is a means of stepping out of that social rut and finding new people to interact with
- You can have fun with alter-egos
- It offers a chance to write fiction based around the game; or to let loose your visually artistic imagination
- It ties nicely into the STEAMPUNK genre
- You can battle your friends, your frienemies, or random strangers - equality rules
- The game is constantly in development, so there are always more goals to reach
- You can spend as little or as much time playing as you like
- Investment in the game, via delegation, earns a return
- And probably so much more I've forgotten to mention
So yeah, because of this game I have been able to create several characters which I use in stories and as personas in other Steemit games, such as the awesome Interactive Battle Tournament run by @lordnigel. I can explore the crazy contraptions which the Steampunk genre encompasses, and I can create some crazy stuff of my own - like potions, weapons, pets, and silly songs. I can also help other players by posting informative how-to guides, which in turn benefits the game as a whole.
And when I reach this level I will get a nifty t-shirt ... don't think I've forgotten, @dehenne ;D
I thank them most heartily.