Hello dear Steemians...
today I'd like to show you the first harvest from our garden this year.
We have some bad luck that few precious plants have not survived the winter this time despite being hardy,
so I rather suspect that the roots might got rotten or eaten by the larvs of certain bugs.
However the harvest of our Berries are getting better this time, even the cranberries have finally borne fruits. :)
Well... here we goes....
1. Our pineberry has obviously subdued our red strawberry this year. We didn't harvest much of the red one. And the size of the red ones is getting smaller too compare to the harvest from last year. It seems like they have pollinated each other, that's why their characteristic have changed.
2. Amelanchier or more popular with the name Juneberry. This fruits taste very sweet and aromatic. Our little Kobold likes it too, she wouldn't stop munching them if I let her. :-D Juneberry is very nutritious and beneficial for our body so I'm glad that we harvest rather a lot this year so that we need not to have a broken heart again caused by losing competition with the birds like last year. :-D
It contains very high amount of iron too, so it doesn't worry me that much that my princess has recently lost her appetite towards heavy meal like meat. No wonder, even the adults like me also have more interest in fruits compares to meat as well in this hot summer weather.
You could read the health benefit of Juneberry here!
3. This time we have more cherries too, but still not enough to satisfy us yet. ^_^
4. Now come the currant families:
...the white currant. )
... the red currant.
...and the blackcurrant. IMHO...the blackcurrant taste the best, sweet and very aromatic. The other two currants are quite sour, however our little Kobold loves them anyway LOL.
5. The last one for today are the rapsberry "folks" ^_^! ... the golden yellow raspberries.
Sometimes I'm rather not convinced to try unusual species of fruits because it's possible that they are genetically modified. However this yellow raspberry is all-natural.
They have been my favourite until this year among the raspberry family because they simply taste better compare to the red one.
... but this year our Tayberry finally bore fruits too. And they indeed taste wonderful, very sweet and they are not easily perished like the yellow raspberries, not so fragile.
... the red rapsberry.
... my little princess just couldn't wait to taste some berries.
Since we have plenty of berries so we can make another cocktail today.
Our little Kobold is really curious.
"What kind of drink is this, Mama... can I have some?"
"Hmmm... let me think... probably it's not yet a good idea to give you the drink, baby... but, you can have the fruits again of course!" ^_^
See you again soon folks! Thanks in advance for the votes.