The World Health Organization (WHO) has released the top 10 habits that can cause brain damage over time. Most people have these habits, including you, so it is definitely the best time to get rid of them.
1. You don’t have stimulating thoughts. Thinking is what your brain is designed to do. Without it, the brain will shrink, so keep exploring, writing, and thinking to refresh your brain.
2. You don’t eat your breakfast. Skipping breakfast causes you to have lower blood sugar, leading to insufficient nutrient supply to the brain. Over time, this results to brain degeneration.
3. You tend to overeat. Usually, when you skip breakfast, you overeat. Overeating means you eat more than what your body needs, which causes the arteries in the brain to harden. Eventually, your mental power decreases.
4. You are a smoker. You already know that smoking is dangerous to your lungs, but it also affects your brains, causing brain cell shrinkage. Nicotine plays a huge role in the development of Alzheimer’s disease.
5. You consume lots of sugars. If you indulge in too much sweet stuff, this can interrupt the protein and nutrient absorption in your body. Brain development is then hindered and malnutrition happens.
6. You don’t get enough sleep. If you keep depriving yourself from sleep, you will eventually kill your brain cells. When you turn this into a habit, this could lead to memory loss.
7. You cover your head when you are sleeping. It is a habit of many people to cover their head when they sleep. Unfortunately, this causes buildup of carbon dioxide and therefore reduces concentration of oxygen in the brain. This leads to brain damage, including dementia even when you are still young.
8. You don’t converse with other people. With proliferation of the smartphones and tablets these days, you probably spend more time texting and chatting with people online. What you actually need is to talk to real people in front of you. It also helps if it is an intellectual conversation as this aids in brain efficiency.
9. You don’t get enough rest. When you are sick, you still work or study hard. This actually does not help you become smarter, but can damage the brain.
10. You live in a place with polluted air. Your brain needs oxygen. If you are frequently exposed to harmful chemicals and carbon dioxide, your brain will deteriorate in the very near future. Stop inhaling polluted air and go to a place that has fresh, clean air.
Whether you have one, two, or all of these habits, it is time for you to get rid of them to avoid internal destruction, particularly to one of the most important parts of your body: the brain.
Source: Click here
7 Amazing Health Benefits of Pineapples and Why You Should Eat it Everyday
Benefits of Walking
Amazing Benefits of Okra to Your Health
Benefits of Exercise
Why You Should Drink Cucumber Water + Other Health Benefits
12 Health Benefits of Dark Chocolate
Why Eating Yogurt is Good for Your Health
Health Benefits of Sunlight
Why You Should Eat Tomatoes Every Day
7 Health Benefits of Laughter
5 Amazing Ways Strawberries Improve Your Health
Health Benefits of Bananas
Health Benefits of Oranges
How to reduce stress?
Health Benefits of Music