A world united by a fight against a horrid Virus - Covid-19 is on the lips of everyone in all corners of the world!
How can we fight this in our own homes?
- Fist and foremost by staying away from crowded places
- Sanitizing hands
- Not touching your face and especially not rubbing your eyes
- Sanitize all surfaces in the home, door knobs, light switches; in fact anything you regularly touch!
- Sanitize cellphones, wallets, keys and spectacles
- Shower immediately after returning from visits away from home
- Wash clothes in hot water
All these measures may seem drastic, but this is a virus that our bodies' immune system struggles with.
Good nourishing foods rich in Vitamin C, Zinc & Copper can assist greatly, plus having plenty of fluids like soup, broths, herbal teas, lemon water, golden milk, ginger & turmeric tea.
I would like to share a nourishing broth, a delicious salad plus a medicinal drink using the Nasturtium plant with the Fruits & Veggies Monday community of @lenasveganliving. A big thank you to Lena and the other sponsors @naturalmedicine, @plantstoplanks and @vegansofsteemit as well as @barbara-orenya for the gorgeous wonkies!
Not just a pretty face – the nasturtium plant is nature’s antibiotic; packed with Vitamin C and a great immune booster.
Nasturtium is known to relieve sore throats and coughs and fights bacterial and fungal infections; cannot cure any virus but will help ease the symptoms and help if there's a secondary infection due to a virus!
For a summery lunch we enjoyed a...
Fresh Herbs & Nasturtium Salad
- Nasturtium leaves & flowers
- Fresh herbs - Basil, Parsley, Dill & Thyme
Dressed with a sweetish Apple Cider Vinegar and Mint dressing.
We're experiencing sudden changes in the temperature, so for a comforting meal on a chilly evening, we had a hearty...
Mung Bean Herbal Broth
- Green Mung Beans
- Herbs - Nasturtium, Comfrey, Cilantro, Dill, Basil, Parsley
- Fresh Garlic, Turmeric & Ginger
- Pasta twirls
- Leftover Salad - yep & that added a real zing to this broth!
All veg, herbs & salad was placed in food processor.
I added all ingredients to my Instant Pot, covered it in filtered water, added seasoning and in no time we had a delicious thick broth.
My super fit 79 year old aunt taught me how to make her secret brew called...
Nature's Medicinal Drink
- Crushed Garlic & Ginger
- Nasturtium leaves & flowers, diced
- Fresh Thyme
- Lemon, quartered & juice squeezed out
Place all into a plunger tea pot (or any regular tea pot)
Let it steep for about an hour, plunge and drink throughout the day when ill, or once a day as a maintenance dose.
Let us all pray that we win this war against Covid-19!
I would like to share the following breathtaking video with you all:
Letter from the Virus - Credit to Justin Ryan Farrell -shared on YouTube by Jose Ramirez
Thank you for stopping by
Copyright @lizelle - All Rights Reserved