Hello teachers, students, and researchers, I am here again today, Thursday, 21st April, 2020, to help you make your junior science students understand Basic Sciences.
I put up some simple Moral behaviour and life sciences based questions for your kids which could boost their understanding of the subjects.
Age: 10 - 12 years
Time Allowed for Test: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Instructions: This is a multi-choice question, choose from the options the correct answer to each question.
- Which of these is the ultimate source of energy to man (a) Nuclear energy
(b) Radiation (c) Biomass (d) sun
- To which class of food would items like beans, fish, egg and milk belong (a) protein (b) vitamin (c) fats and oil (d) minerals.
- Energy from cornstalks, garbage, sugarcane, seaweed is called (a) chemical energy (b) solar energy (c) biomass energy (d) water energy
- Respiratory organs includes the following except (a) Nasal passage (b) Nose (c) Lungs (d) Trachea
- Which of the following is not a component of balanced diet (a) protein
(b) carbohydrates (c) pepsi (d) vitamin
- Growth can be defined as ______ (a) Death rate (b) Expansion (c) Increase in size (d) Birth rate
- Which of the following is the percentage of nitrogen (a) 90% (b) 20% (c) 99% (d) 100%
- The energy available from the sun is called (a) water (b) solar energy (c) potential (d) wind
- Which of these is the factors that influence growth and development (a) gold (b) rust (c) thinning (d) rest
- The digestion of carbohydrate starts in the ____ (a) Duodenum (b) mouth (c) Rectum (d) Gullet
- Development can be described as ____ (a) Germination (b) increase in size (c) changes that occur during growth (d) reproduction
- The end product of digestion of protein is known as ____ (a) vitamin (b) fatty acid
(c) Glycerol (d) Amino acid
- Energy possessed by body because of its motion is known as ____(a) kinetic energy (b) chemical energy (c) heat energy (d) thermal energy
- The washing energy of the top soil is known as _____ (a)Afforestation (b) water
(c) erosion (d) Deforestation
- One of these is the process of digesting juices in the body (a)ligament (b) saliva
(c) cartilage (d) none of the above
- The planting of trees where they never existed before to form a forest is called
(a) Afforestation (b) bush burning (c) Reforestation (d) Deforestation
- Which of these process take part of food and discharged from the body as faeces
(a) Assimilation (b) Absorption (c) Ingestion (d) Egestion
- The breaking down of food substances by oxygen to release energy is known as ___ (a) glycogen (b) digestive system (c) respiration (d) circulatory system.
- Meal containing all the essential classes of food nutrients in their correct proportion is known as ___ (a) Enzymes (b) balanced diet (c) proportion (d) hormone balanced.
- The washing down of soil nutrients beyond the top soil and making them unavailable to plant is known as ____ (a) leaching (b) rainfall (c) Deforestation (d) flooding.