I missed last week's challenge, and I won't this one pass me by. Are you ready for me?
I thought of sharing several battles using various Monsters with the Sneak ability. You better believe it...the sneak ability in Monsters is valuable in any battle and therefore, I always search out Monsters with the Sneak ability in any Splinter I chose for a battle. But don't worry, I will only show ONE battle 😁!
Luckily for us, there are several Monsters with the Sneak ability.
Here are some (if not all) of them:
In the battle I will share for this week's challenge, the Sneak ability is possessed by Feral Spirit. Click on the photo below when you are ready to watch me battle!
Battle No.1: Ruleset- Weak Magic/Healed Out; Mana Cap- 42
It is obvious that the abilities of a Monster affect either your team or the opposition. Among all the abilities that Monsters can have, I think that the Snipe and the Sneak abilities are two of the important abilities that impact the positioning in battles and the striking effect.
A Sneak ability on a Melee Monster gives it the added advantage to be on the offensive even from the back position. In this battle, Feral Spirit is able to Melee Attack even when it is not in the first position because it has the Sneak ability.
1. The battle Mana is a high 42. In high mana battles, I expect my opponent to be fielding six monsters so I do the same, and prepare to fight a battle that may go to four rounds or more.
2. I chose Monsters with abilities, and Monsters that can attack from the back positions.
3. The first monsters must all be able to attack in first positions. They may be Melee or Magic Monsters. In this battle, I fielded positions 1,2,3 and 4 with Melee Monsters.
4. GOBLIN MECH is my chosen tank. It is very reliable in "hand to hand fighting" especially because at level 7 his Melee attack is 5 strong! A single blow from him reduces the opponent's tank health by 5! If the opponent tank has armor, the Goblin Mech attack will damage beyond the amount of the opponent armor and reduce the opponent's health because it has the Peircing ability. At any given Melee attack, this monster may also Stun the opponent monster and miss its next turn. And oh... in this battle, all my Melee Monsters in positions 1,2,3 and 4 have added +1 Melee Attack from Daria Dragonscale! So cool!!!
5. Next is MANTICORE with three abilities at level 4. Its Reach ability is only useful in the second position and the other two abilities: Flying and Thorns, are defensive abilities. Manticore is most effective as a second to the tank position. I think that Manticore is my favorite Dragon monster and use it almost always when Daria is my Summoner in battles.
6. FERAL SPIRIT. I love this spunky monster. In most of the battles where I utilize my Feral Spirit, it always attacks first in my lineup, because of its very fast speed of 5. And in many battles where opponents usually position Furious Chicken or the Creeping Ooze in the last position, Feral Spirit almost always immediately kills the last monster in the line-up on the first blow, reducing the opponent's monsters by one from the get-go.
And while my Tank and Monsters with Range or Magic Attacks focus on damaging the enemy Monster in the first position, Feral Spirit with its SNEAK ability works on attacking the monsters in the last position! SNEAK is an awesome, important, and valuable ability that any monster can have.
In this battle, five Monsters were attacking the enemy Monster in the first position and share in the victory of eliminating them. Whereas Feral Spirit with its Sneak ability singlehandedly eliminated one enemy Monsters at the last positions, while also delivering two damaging blows to another enemy Monsteras it moved to the first position.
7. I used Armorsmith primarily because this battle precludes healers, and placed him in the fourth position in order to protect him from enemy Sneak and Opportunity attacks. Snipes won't touch this monster because Snipe only attacks Range and Magic Monsters. Armorsmith is on the fourth position so that he can repair the armor of my chosen tank Goblin Mech, and provide armors to the next two monsters in front of him as they ascend to the first position.
8. In standard battles, I would have Magic Monsters place in front of Range Monsters. But not in this case. I have Fire Spitter in front of a Magic Monster. Why? Because I wanted it protected from an enemy monster that may have the Sneak ability and so that my Fire Spitter will be able to use its attack power as often as possible. I used Fire Spitter as an assist to Goblin Mech. Fire Spitter will attack the enemy's monster tank (first one in the lineup). At level 4, Fire Spitter has a fast speed of 4 and a high attack strength of 3. Fire Spitter is feisty! In this battle, it delivers its range attack immediately after Feral Spirit. In many battles, it delivers the first blow because of its fast speed.
9. Last but not least is the DIAMOND DRAGON. It has a high Armor stat of 10 and a Health stat of 6. This Monster has the Flying ability. It will survive any Sneak attacks from enemy Range or Magic Monsters that do not have the same Flying ability. It also has the Slow ability and will reduce the Speed of all enemy Monsters.
This battle actually went to four rounds. I won the battle and lost only one monster, Armorsmith. My strategy worked!
There you have it Splinterlands! I hope you enjoyed the battle above! The strategy worked and I won!
In your comments below, please feel free to let me know if you have any other suggested card positioning or drop me a tip or two that could help me and others play the game better.
Thank you also to @carrieallen whose comments have been a source of encouragement for me.
Thanks also to @stokjockey, @senstless, @welshstacker, @monsterjamgold, @clove71, @mattclarke, @cryptoFrancois, @grapthar, @jonnyla08, and @anouk.nox.spt for the continued help and assistance, and for all Splinterlands gamers who regularly post articles.
I have a passion for stacking silver & gold, home-cooking and travel. And now, I love battling in Splinterlands! Follow me my journey.
Thank you for viewing this article. I will see you again soon!
@silversaver888 is a proud member of #silvergoldstackers and the #ladiesofsgs4eva
@silversaver888 is a proud member of #TeamUSA
#TeamUSA is a growing community of quality-content people from the United States or those living here. Check us out on Discord!