Write here if you are interested to participate in the tournament.
Argue here, which ability squares will be completely OP/UP and so should get a cost change and which spells should get added.Final rules set now.
- You should already start phase1.
Phase1: PieceMaking and ArmyBuilding [Finished]
- You will create a 77 cost army.
- 7 champions and 1 King on row 1
- 8 minions on row 2
- You may not use more than 2 copies of champions with the same cost, you can create 7 champions with very similar move sets tho.
- You will play with the same champions and King for the hole tournament.
- You will have to publish your 7 champions and your king, before Phase2 starts.
- Also write which Ceo pieces will represent your Champions and King.
- You may create a new army after each game, with other minions, another minion sequence or another champion+King sequence.
- You may create different armies for the case of getting black or white every round, which can be completely different, besides having the same King and champions.
Create your own pieces using the following rules:
- You will create your own champions
- You may not use every Ceo champion, but if you can create an exact copy of their move set, you may use the move set using the price system of the tournament [see below].
- Horizontal Symmetry is required. However, Vertical Symmetry is not required.
- You may only use abilities and ability square destinations, which are described here
Additionally you may use following utility ceo champions at ceo cost:
Forward and Backward ability modifier:
- Forward squares cost 1.5x the specified price
- Backward squares cost 0.5x the specified price
Move or Attack costs as following:
- every range1 square: 0,75 cost (Unblockable not allowed)
- every range2 square: 0,5 cost
- every range3 square: 0,4 cost
- every range4 square: 0,3 cost
- every range5 square: 0,3 cost
- every range6 square: 0,35 cost
- every range7 square: 0,4 cost
- every range2 (Unblockable) square: 0,75 cost
- every range3 (Unblockable) square: 1 cost
Champions which contain range3 (Unblockable) target enemy may not act or get deplaced by allies until turn 3.
Champions may not have more than 2 range3 (Unblockables), which can target enemy forward.
Champions which have range3 (Unblockable) target enemy may not take range4 (Unblockable) Teleports.
Attack only costs as following:
0,8x the price of „Move or Attack” squares
Move only costs as following:
- 0,5x the price of „Move or Attack” squares [(Unblockable) Move or Attack x 0,5 = (Unblockable) Teleport]
- range 4-7 (Unblockable) Teleport square: 0,5 cost
Swap places with ally costs as following:
- 0,5x the price of „Move or Attack” squares.
- This cost can also get used to add swap places with ally to an ability square which is already having other abilities.
Swap places with enemy costs as following:
- 0,5x the price of „Move or Attack” squares.
- This cost can also get used to add swap places with enemy to an ability square which is already having other abilities. (It can not get added to squares which contain other abilities which can target enemies [e.g. Attack])
- 0,7x the price of Move or Attack squares for range3 (unblockable) swap enemies.
- This cost can also get used to add, swap with enemy to an ability square which is already having other abilities (It can not get added to squares which can target enemies [e.g. Attack]).
Push Unit up to 3 spaces away (targeted Unit may not immediately move back to this position) :
0,3x the price of Move or Attack squares.
- You may use any kind of ability (i.e. Move, Attack, swap places with ally, swap places with enemy and Push Unit up to 3 spaces away and the allowed combinations of those) as a blockable (Path) ability. One side of the path square needs to be the anchor (any ability including path), while the other side has to be an open tile or another path square.
- Path squares cannot be range 1.
- Path squares use the prize of the used ability.
- AnchorPrizeRule: But it also considers the prize of the used ability as if it was on the start anchor [If the anchor is (Unblockable) this part is considered (Unblockable) too].
The prize will be the start anchor prize + the ability prize / 2.
Example: If there is a Range 3 (Unblockable) Attack only as the anchor (start anchor) and two diagonal (Path) move only on range 4 (anchor 2) and 5,
then the range 5 path will cost as following:
range 5 Move only= 0,3x0,5 anchor position: range 3 teleport=1x0,5 path prize=(0,3x0,5+1x0,5):2=0,325
- The AnchorPrizeRule will only be applied if it will create a higher prize.
- (To get the correct horizontal symmetry use Main-gi's CustomPieceMaker)
Some characteristics can change the cost of the unit:
- Colourbound piece (can reach up to 32 squares of the board): Price x 0,8 (with swappers or in the corner), Price x0,65 (without swappers)
- Double colourbound piece#1 (can reach up to 16 squares of the board): Price x 0,5 (without swappers)
- Double colourbound piece#2 (can reach up to 8 squares of the board): Price x0,4 (without swappers)
- After calculating the price of your piece, the price will be rounded up (e.g. 1,2 cost piece= 2 cost piece)
standard King: costs 0
You may add one of the following effects:
- add: (Passive) Block one normal attack from this location, and lose this ability. costs 1 per square
- add: Cannot be targeted by enemies from more than 2 spaces away. costs 10
- add: acts like a Queen (castle still available and so prioritized over Queen move) , cannot move though check!). costs 18
- add: acts only like a Knight (can still castle as well). costs 6
You don't create your own minions.
You can use following ceo minions:
Apprentice0, Butterfly0, Dove0, Duelist0 (limited to 2 copies), Frog0, Hoplite0, Nexus0, Pawn0, Penguin0, Portal0, Princess+++, Salamander0, Shieldsman0, Spider0, Undine0
- Phase2 will be a round-robin and in best of 1 mode.
- The first named has white.
Color and pairings of round 1 will be random. Color of following rounds will be decided, by who had black the most times, if both had black the same times, it's again random.(obsolete for round-robin)
- The correspondence takes place in private discord messages (or another not public way if both parties agree). Safe the final replay if the replay makes any sense.
- Start the correspondence with sending your replay code of your starting position to your opponent.
- There is no morale decay or morale lose.
- Threefold repetition is applied to be a draw.
- Moving King into check is illegal (attack squares are the only ability which is considered check).
- checkmate wins
- Stalemate is a draw.
- 50 moves without moving a minion or capturing is a draw.
- You may always arrange a draw, if both sides agree.
- Castling is only allowed if the involved pieces are in their starting position and if they didn't move yet. Castling is not allowed if the King is in check or if he would castle though check. (For long castling the King unlike in CEO moves two squares, simmilar to chess castling)
- Illegal moves get taken back, as soon as they are detected, even in retrospect.
(For a move to be legal, the replay just has to „represent” a legal move, it's ok to simulate a move with multiple moves)
The 3rd illegal move in a game loses.
- I recommend using another piece than King to represent King to make sure tricking falling to 0 morale, alternatively you may increase morale for both sides by e.g. 1000.
- Represent your pieces with pieces, which can simulate the move set of your piece as easy as possible in the lab, or if not there at least in the replay tool. It would also be preferable to represent your champions with champions of similar or even the same cost.
1st Place 35 rp+ 95 rp
2nd Place 25rp+ 65 rp
3rd Place 15 rp+ 40 rp
Prizes may increase, if I get more crowns or if there are sponsors.
- I will participate in the tournament myself, if nobody disagrees. If I'm in top 3, the 4th place gets a price as well, since I'm out of competition for the prizes sponsored by me. I'm assuming Username handles this similar.
Username_taken12: 200 rp
- The tournament is designed to have a slow pace.
E.g. when I closed registration and a registered player takes longer than the other players to publish his champions and king, there must be a significant time gap to Phase2, so the earlier posters have no significant disadvantage in preparation.
4.) e3Gewinnt (me [skipped for prize order])
Signup until 15th November(Signup closed)
Participants post your champions and King under the intended comment now. [Finished]
Phase2: Pairings are published in another post.
Round 1 games should start no later than 4th February, if both sides have finished their piece order for the round and both agree, they can also start earlier.
- Added Path
- Forward and backward ability modifier added (Forward: All 15x7 possible forward squares; backward: All 15x7 possible backward squares)
- Princess0-++ are not allowed anymore, since they are straight up weaker than Princess+++.
- Combining range 3 (Unblockable) target enemy with range 4 (Unblockable) Teleport on the same piece is now banned.
- Forward and backward ability modifier changed to 0.5 and 1.5. Teleports still useless.
It is planned to make no more rule changes.
- Reminder: As announced on Discord a few days ago, Phase2 will be a round-robin tournament.