We know from experience that TheGrandestine can never make a unit that is balanced on release.
In this thread, you will comment with 3 numbers:
- How many units will be in the update.
- What % are going to be ridiculously underpowered.
- What % are going to be ridiculously overpowered.
Closest in each category will get 10 RP.
Second closest in each category will get 7 RP. (It will count as "second closest" if you say the exact same number as someone else but you did it after them.)
Yes, "underpowered" and "overpowered" are going to be subjective. Here's an example of how I would score this.
It's v0.44, the new units are Greed, Snake, Pikeman, Reaver, Mercenary, Envy. The first four I consider overpowered and the last two are considered underpowered. (This should be pretty undisputed to anyone who was playing then.) So you would be rewarded for saying the closest numbers to 4/6 (overpowered) or 2/6 (underpowered).
Even though base Snake and base Pikeman were pretty underpowered, their upgraded versions were so overpowered that in my opinion, "overpowered" describes the unit better.
Envy base had no melee attacks and costed 8 on release, but gained kingattack and costed 10 at ++. This is still an underpowered unit overall.
- A unit is considered ridiculously overpowered if any of its tiers are.
- A unit is considered ridiculously underpowered if at least 2 of its tiers are, and no other tier is overpowered at all.
- A unit is also considered ridiculously underpowered if only 1 of its tiers are, but the rest are underpowered.
Rewards will be given out in a literal unknown date. Also if I think I'm actually wrong about an evaluation you could expect another wave of rewards.
- The overpowered% and underpowered% can't add to more than 100%. (It can add to less than 100% though.)
- Edited posts cannot count for the contest, because I cannot check if the edit was recent or not. You'll have to make a new comment for it.