About ContestThe Most Outstanding Sri Lankan Steemian of the Week, challenge directly focuses on Sri Lankans who are doing a great job in Steemit. The winner will be selected through a point-based scoring system. Points are divided into two parts, Retention points, and Recruitment points which are compatible with the 3R road map. Retention points are allocated for comments and posts. Recruitment points will be given when a new member introduced through New Comer's community. For recruitment points, the newly introduced person should have at least 10 retention points at the end of the week. The scoreboard will update on each Monday and Thursday. The weekly winner will be selected each Friday. The contest will run for 6 weeks from 07 th August 2020
- You must be a citizen in Sri Lanka to enter this competition.
- Must put a comment on this post to verify your participation.
- If you are a member who was inactive for the last two months, you should prepare a Self-Introduction post to get eligible*
- The final score will be the total of retention points and recruitment points.
- The one who has the highest number of points by Thursday 12.00 midnight will be selected as the winner.
* this action is taken to avoid multiple accounts from same member
The main objective of this contest is to increase the retention of Sri Lankans on steemit. Points for retention will be allocated as follows.
- Comments* for Sri Lankan members - 1 point
- Comments* for members outside of the country - 2 points
- Posts according to quality - 1 to 2 points
* Only the meaningful and content relevant comments will be counted
The number of new members you bring into the platform is evaluated under these criteria. Recruitment points will be allocated as follows.
- One new recruitment - 3 points
The new member should be verified through new comer's community. To count your recruitment as eligible recruitment, the new member's retention points should be at least 10.
Currently, I have allocated 12 SBD (~60 STEEM) by my self, as the initial prize pool for the contest. The winner will receive 2 SBD each week as the prize. When the contest gets more competitive, the prize will be increased.
As this is my first contest, I believe this contest will teach me many lessons. Based on the progress of this contest, I am planning to get the help of other country representatives to expand this contest in other counties in South Asia as well. As this contest runs for 6 weeks, extra prizes can be added for recruitment later. I am thankful for having additional support to make this contest a success.