You probably came to visit this blog because you are new to Steemit.
WELCOME, and thank you for hanging out with us!
To help you make your experience even more enjoyable, we made a list of useful tips, links, and fun games to play on the Steem Blockchain.
In this post we will cover:
- Importance of keys
- Complete your profile with info, and profile image
- How to earn STEEM
- How many times can I post?
- How to get more STEEM POWER
- Communities to join
- Useful links
1. Importance of keys
You'll be given a set of passwords uniquely generated for you. Keep these keys safe and secure.
+ Master password
Master password is used to derive all keys for your account, including the owner key.
Only use this key when you lose your other keys. Not recommend to use for login into any applications or other platforms with this key, use your posting key instead.
Difference between Master Password and Owner Key here
+ Posting key
This key allows you to post, comment, edit, vote, resteem, and follow or mute other accounts. Most users should be logging into Steemit every day with the posting key.
+ Active key
The active key is meant for more sensitive tasks such as transferring funds, power up/down transactions, converting Steem Dollars, voting for witnesses, updating profile details and avatar, and placing a market order.
+ Memo key
If you want to send someone an encrypted memo through wallet transfer,
type "#" followed by the message in the memo. Then use the memo key to encrypt and the receiver would use their private memo key to read your message.
+ Owner key
The owner key is only meant for use when necessary. It is the most powerful key because it can change any key of an account, including the owner key. Ideally, it is meant to be stored offline and only used to recover a compromised account.
2. Complete profile with info, and profile image
Your profile info, profile image, and cover image are set in your steemitwallet.com Settings page. A complete profile is more appealing and will give more engagement. Once your image is uploaded, click the Update button and enter your active key.
3. How to earn STEEM
There are several ways you can get more STEEM, here are some options:
Create interesting or valuable content on steemit for the content consumers if you decide to earn steem by being content creator
Networking with a community member on steemit and share your passion or specialized skills that you can offer to the community as paid services or market your product.
You can earn steem by playing games powered by the Steem blockchain. Splinterlands, for example, where you can trade the cards and DEC token for Steem.
Lease/Renting out your Steem Power
Buy STEEM at exchanges and power up your STEEM to Steem Power then rent/lease it out to other steem users using dlease.io for daily Steem payment to your wallet.
You can also buy STEEM at crypto exchanges. Here is a list of the most popular exchanges:
- Poloniex (use our invitecode: KGBESSQN to get 10% kickback of trading fees)
- Binance (10% kickback with this link)
4. How many times can I post?
The more resource credits (manapower) you have in your account, the more transactions you can perform. We recommend having at least 20SP to perform a normal usage. This is equivalent to 2 posts a day and several comments and upvotes. When you power up, you will have more manapower (RC) instantly. To know exactly the status of your account, we recommend using the free tool: https://steemworld.org (by @steemchiller)
5. How to get more STEEM POWER
Steem Power is the holy grail on Steem. The more you have from it, the more influence you have on the platform. So we can recommend to POWER UP your STEEM in your Wallet.
- Liquid STEEM in your wallet earns you nothing, you can trade this at an exchange for other crypto or sell for worthless fiat currency. When you power up STEEM, you earn at the time of writing 2.18% APR, you don´t have to do anything, it increases automatically.
- When you power up STEEM, you earn curation rewards, this is a portion of the total payout of the post you voted on. Authors get 50%, curators get 50%. The more SP you have, the more curation rewards you earn because your vote is bigger.
- Compete in challenges on Steemit. Monthly, there is a contest called #spud4steem, on this day you get extra motivated to POWER UP, because you can earn SP and other juicy prices! Follow @kiwiscanfly
6. Communities to join
- Photography: World of Xpilar
- New Users: Newcomers Community
- Science, math, engineering: popularSTEM
- Art: GEMS - ART
- Steem: Project HOPE
- Korean: Korea•한국•KR•KO
- Chinese:STEEM CN/中文
- Latino: Symbionts
- Gaming: INVEN Gaming Splinterlands
Check HERE all the communities on Steemit
7. Useful links.
- https://steemworld.org is a very useful website to check everything regarding your account or transactions on the Steem Blockchain. Just put /@yourusername at the end of the link! Made by top witness @steemchiller
- If you post and want to include an image that is not yours, you can use photos from the following websites that are free to use. Please add the link to the image source in your post.
- For users that don't post in their own language or want to improve grammar and spelling of your post, we recommend using Grammarly, it is free and also has a Chrome extention. When your posts are enjoyable to read, more people will follow you and give you support!
- Steemit is the biggest application on the Steem blockchain if you want to discover what else Steem has to offer, Dappradar lists them all. You can use the same keys for every app on Steem!
- If you want to format your Steemit posts like a pro, here is a guide from @cmp2020 on how to do that properly: Markdown and HTML for Steemit Posts
Thank you and STEEM ON!
If you want to support our project @steemingcurators, you can do that by delegating STEEM POWER and you earn a weekly payout for your contribution! .
|25 SP||100 SP||250 SP||500 SP||1000 SP||1500 SP||2500 SP|
FOLLOW OUR STEEMAUTO CURATION TRAIL :