Good morning everyone,
I bring to you a tutorial post of how you can make one of the most easiest but classy bag. The bags in the picture above are not two different bags but one bag. Just that the sides are of different colors. One color is deep nude while the other is black.
The main criteria you need to be able to make this bag is to know how to use a sowing matchine. That's all. Once you can use a sowing machine, get access to a leather store and follow this post well, I bet you'd be able to replicate this bag for yourself. The only complex part of making the bag is how to fix an eyelet and I will be explaining in details how to go about it.
- Two leather with different colors of your choice.
- A pair of magnet.
- The first step is to mark and cut the desirable sizes. For the main bag I used 13.5 by 16 inches and for its handle I use 45 by 1 inch. These measurements are cut on the two materials as seen below.
- On the main bag leather, I made 4 markings on it and afterwards I made circular holes around the markings using a blade. These holes are for the fixing of eyelets. The measurements I used are on the leather inside the picture below.
- Their are two pieces in a pair of eyelet. The top and a circular cap. The top is inserted from the front inside the hole and behind it you fix the circular cap. After that, you'll use a hammer to press the end of the top on the circular cap. I detail the process in the pictures below. I repeat this process on the second leather.
- To fix the magnet, I located the middle between the last two eyelets and I measured 1.5inches from the top. That was the point I fix the magnet inside the leather. In order to conceal the outer part of the magne, I cut a love-shaped leather and stitch it on it as seen below (You can use a gum to tag for easy stiching). I repeat this process for the second leather.
- The next thing is to stitch the long handle as seen below. After that I stitch the two main leather bag together on its two sides and below.
- I turn the inside out and fix the handles inside the eyelet. Then I joined the hands together as seen below.
- I cut two small pieces to hold the hands together as seen below.
- I repeat the last process for tbe other side of the bag.