Methane gas from a septic tank.
Hi, folks! Today I want to tell you about a new learning that I have had. We had been waiting for my brother to come to the house for several days, but he has delayed more than expected due to the quarantine restrictions among other things.
One of the tasks I was expected to do was to burn some trash, more like some weeds and branches, I said to myself, this is something I can do, it is not a big deal and I have already seen it done several times and I decided to do it, so I looked for the matches and I lit it...
The fire started quite slowly in my opinion since I didn't use any accelerant additives, I wanted to be careful, I stayed to watch the fire even though I didn't have anywhere to expand it since it was just a little bit of garbage... And suddenly a sound was heard as if a gas valve had been opened, that made me nervous, and in a matter of seconds the candle grew to a big size.
A neighbor heard the commotion that a friend of mine was making, my mom and I to extinguish the candle by throwing water on it and he came to help us and immediately realized that there was something wrong with the fire and asked us to move away a little and he extinguished it.
Capturadas con mi móvil Blu Studio Mega.
Captured with my Blu Studio Mega phone.
The next day my brother arrived and we told him, he was also curious and went to check... After a while he told me, you know that it is methane gas; that is what made the fire grow, very close there is an old sealed septic tank and just where you lit the candle there is a gas emanation. So that we don't have that latent problem, the well will be filled with earth.
I would have liked to take more pictures but I was so nervous that I dropped the phone several times when I was trying to take the pictures...
I say goodbye thanking you for your time and reading my story, it was a unique experience.