You can start the process, by either making homemade fresh cottage cheese or make it a day before for quick recipe.
Fresh Green peas can also be steamed/boiled a day before or just before the recipe. Make it as per your own individual requirement.
- Fresh Cottage Cheese (Crumbled)
- Fresh Green Peas (Steamed)
- Rich Tomato Gravy (Pre-made, to make it quick for the recipe)
- Salt to taste
- All spices and condiments to taste (coriander powder, cumin powder, mint powder, turmeric powder)
Rich Tomato Gravy:
We usually make it beforehand and then use it daily for various recipes.
You can also make it any time at your ease and use it as and when required.
Process to make Rich Tomato Gravy:
- Get some very good red juicy n pulpy tomatoes.
- De-seed them and then cut them into small pieces, blend them in the blender.
- Fry some onions with oil/ghee till golden brown.
- Add ginger n garlic paste as per your taste n requirement.
- Now transfer the blended tomatoes into the pan.
- Stir...Stir...Stir !!!
- Add salt, coriander powder, cumin powder and required powdered spices.
- Keep stirring...!!!
- On a slow flame cover the pan for 10-15 minutes, till it turns thick and golden red.
- Let it cool down, store and use...SOS !!!
- Corinder sprig (One to two )
- Ginger julienne ( as per requirement)
- Beetroot julienne ( as per requirement)
Pour 3 to 4 tablespoons of the Tomato Gravy into pan (you may add some oil, if need be !!!), then add 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder and stir.
Now, pour some boiled water to the thick gravy and then let it boil for 2 minutes. Check Salt and other powdered spices to taste. Take it off the flame and start the plating process.
Pour the contents in the pan, into the serving plate.
Add the crumbled cottage cheese as per your requirement.
Add boiled/steamed Green peas over the top.
There you go, your Hot Cottage Cheese & Fresh Green Peas (Steamed) In Rich Tomato Gravy are ready to be relished as such or with Rice, Tortillas or Pitta Bread. Enjoy !!!
A Few Garnishing Ideas:
a) Serve it with a coriander sprig/sprigs
b) Serve it with Beetroot julienne
c) Serve it with Beetroot & Ginger julienne
d) Serve it with Beetroot julienne and coriander spring
e) Serve it with Coriander sprig and Ginger n Beetroot julienne
Thanks for watching.