I have always been a fan of carrot cake, the taste and texture of the carrot and the spices that are placed in the cake, combine so well that it is very pleasant to the palate. Carrots are highly nutritious for the body and even though we are eating a caloric cake, we can fool our brain by telling it that these mini cakes have carrots and are healthy. Although we could prepare them in a healthy way, but when we need an escape from the day's routines, healthy foods can be put aside for a moment haha.
I decided to prepare mini carrot cakes, perfect portions for tea time or a good cup of coffee or milk. Grab them like a cookie and eat them slowly, while you enjoy your moment of rest during the day. These small cakes are small in size, but they can also be made bigger like cupcakes, the difference will be in the amount of mixture we put in the molds.
These mini cakes can be accompanied with a cheese cream, to mix the world of salty and sweet. I love to prepare these mini cakes to share with the family, especially for the children who we must keep happy and more if they help you prepare them. Who can learn to prepare these mini carrot cakes? Let's get to work. Find the ingredients, prepare your work table, we are going to bake.
- 100gr of grated carrot
- 100 gr of butter
- 150g of refined sugar
- 200gr of baking wheat flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 1 small orange
- Nutmeg and cinnamon powder
- Raisins for decoration
- In a bowl, add the butter, sugar, vanilla, grated orange rind, half a spoonful of cinnamon and a little nutmeg. We integrated very well.
- We add the spices together with the butter, so that the fat absorbs the flavor and is well distributed throughout the mixture.
- Separate the yolks from the whites and add each yolk one at a time, integrating them very well into the preparation.
- We add the wheat flour and we mix softly to avoid that the gluten is formed.
- We added the orange juice, it must be in total about 60mil of liquid. If it is necessary, complete with water or milk.
- We add the grated carrot and integrate it well into the preparation.
- We beat the clear ones to point of snow and we added a part to the mixture. We mixed with force to integrate and it prepares the mixture for the rest of the whites of eggs.
- With the help of a palette or spoon, integrate the rest of the egg whites in a wrap-around way to avoid air loss.
- In a cupcake mold, we place the capacillo and add the mixture together until it reaches halfway. Then we put some raisins on the surface.
- We take to the oven preheated to 190°C for the space of 30min or until, when inserting a wooden stick, the stick comes out dry.
The mini carrot cakes are ready, if you want them to be bigger, fill the cupcake mold until the mixture reaches the surface. They are perfect for any time of the day, although I prepare them to eat at 5pm, an hour where the body wants to relax and enjoy something tasty. Do you like carrot cake? What drink would you accompany these mini cakes with?
All pictures were taken by me, with a Xiaomi Redmi 7 phone, without any edition. They were only compressed to facilitate the visualization of the content. The separators is a image taken from pixabay and cut out. Here they is, if you want to use carrot