It is Unethical to Reach Population Immunity by Exposing People to Covid-19

2년 전

WHO Director Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus warned that deliberately exposing the public to the corona virus in order to achieve herd immunity is not an option.

"Allowing a dangerous virus that we don't fully understand to spread freely is totally unethical," he explained, quoted from CNN, Tuesday (13/10)

Tedros added that herd immunity is a "concept used for vaccination".

"For example, herd immunity to measles requires that about 95 percent of the population be vaccinated. The remaining 5 percent will be protected by the fact that measles will not spread among those vaccinated," he explained.

"In other words, herd immunity is achieved by protecting citizens from the virus, not by exposing them to the virus."

Hari Ariyanti, Journalist


Authors get paid when people like you upvote their post.
If you enjoyed what you read here, create your account today and start earning FREE STEEM!
STEEMKR.COM IS SPONSORED BY
ADVERTISEMENT