Its a brand new Monday!! Goodmorning friends and welcome to our very first LID traffic update. This is one of the changes we recently made to LID and we hope it will be both exciting and rewarding. On Mondays and Fridays, LID will focus fully on traffic update for these two days. All the reporters will try to bring in traffic reports from different parts of the city, state, country or world. We cant wait to follow these traffic reports and see what it looks like moving on the road on a monday.
How to Make a great LID traffic report
The essence of traffic reports is to help all see what the road condition is at any particular point in time. Road users can thereby avoid routes that have been reported to have heavy traffic and use routes that less congested. So to achieve this aim, the following can be very useful to reporters:
1. Location: Location of the road or Street whose traffic is being reported should be detailed. There, each traffic report should include the name of the Country, state, city, road/ street. The reporter must use What3words to provide location coordinates. If you are a new reporter or user, your mentor can show you how to use the What3words app.
2. The Picture(s): The pictures of traffic used for the report should be very clear and shot at an angle and distance that will enable the viewer to see as much traffic as possible. For example, capturing traffic from an elevated position such as from first floor of a story building or from inside a high vehicle will help the viewer to see as much traffic as possible.
3. Safety: Take your pictures from a very safe spot, away from dangers on the road. Please do not risk injury or other forms of disaster as you try to capture traffic. Do not stand at the center or close to a spot where vehicles pass to take your pictures. Safety first.
4. Detail: It could be best to take at least 2 pictures of the same spot being reported from 2 angles so that one can see the traffic from various vantage points. Fully describe the flow of traffic from one point of the road to another. If you are reporting from a road intersection, explain very well the flow of traffic from the various roads that led to the traffic.
5. First report: As this is our usual LID reporting, your first report is still your morning selfie with description of things you wish to do for the day.
6. Be creative: You can use 2 reports to analyze traffic at the same spot of the road, but at different times of the day. Just be creative in your traffic report and try to stand out with your content.
We are really eager to see how our very first LID traffic update goes. But we are confident it would be an interesting project worth undertaking.
Spotlight for Today
Since its a traffic update, our spotlight should also be related to traffic. So our spotlight for today is Traffic light. We will pay you extra 0.1 steem if you feature a spotlight.
Make a donation to @steemalive to help us reward our LID reporters. Send steem, tron, or SBD to us. You can also curate the LID post for each day and even resteem it.
:::Whatsapp :::join trail