Helllloooo Steemian. Hope you all are having a great day?
Am here to complete my achievement task 4, it is basically centered on the application of markdowns. After reading through the post by @cryptokannon on this subject I realized that markdowns are very essential in content creation, which I could not have been able to apply in my previous achievement tasks without the assistance of @xkool24, @chilaw and @kinkyamiee.
I will be creating a content using various markdowns I have learnt so far. In this post I will be talking about Eating Disorder.
Eating disorder is a form of mental disorder arising from abnormal eating habits that negatively affect a person’s physical and/or mental health. This usually arise as a result of an obsession with food, body shape or body size. It is common among young women. source
Eating disorders may be caused by several factors. These include genetics, brain biology, personality traits, and cultural ideals. source
TYPES OF EATING DISORDERS
There are different types of eating disorders but the three(3) major ones are:
• Anorexia Nervosa - This is when a person has the fear of gaining weight and so avoid eating food and undertaking excessive exercises to manage the fear.
• Bulimia Nervosa - This is when a person eats so much amount of food and then try to rid themselves of the food either by vomiting or purging.
• Binge Eating Disorder - This is when a person eats so much amount of food in a very short time.
Other types of eating disorder include :
• Rumination Syndrome
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF EATING DISORDER
• Constant fluctuation of weight.
• Obsession with fat and calories content of food.
• Constant fixation with food, cooking and recipes.
• Always under a diet despite being underweight.
• Engaging in ritualistic eating patterns, such as cutting food into tiny pieces, eating alone or hiding food.
• Avoiding social functions, family and friends. Tend to stay alone and become withdrawn/isolated. source
Treatment of eating disorders involves mostly psychological therapy, the affected person sees a psychologist or a mental health professional for a period of time.
This therapy session can help in the following ways:
• Improve and normalize eating habits to achieve a healthy weight.
• Improve relationship with others.
• Improve personal mood.
• Develop problem solving skills and healthy ways to cope with stress.
• Learn and master how to monitor eating habits and moods. source
Healthy does NOT mean starving yourself EVER. Healthy means eating the right food in the right amount.
I was able to apply some of the markdowns learnt during the course of this Achievement task like the bold text, bullet points, text justify, image alignment, quoting etc.
Thanks for taking time out to read this post!!