Definition of Plagiarism
"Plagiarism means that you have to copy others' content. You have taken others' ideas. Plagiarism can also be defined as that your article has the same meanings and ideas which already exist in the search engines in millions of articles."
Image Credit goes to @cryptokannon
Disadvantages of Plagiarism
- First of all if your article has plagiarism then your article has no value other than zero value.
- Your post will not rank at the top in the search engines and you will not be able to get more traffic. I am talking about the whole internet system not just about the steemit here.
- You will not be able to earn from your article.
- If your post is plagiarized then your content is just a waste that should be thrown into the dustbin.
How to check plagiarism
Yes before publishing your post you can easily check your post's plagiarism. As there are a lot of tools through which you can use plagiarism in your post.
The most commonly used two methods to check plagiarism are given below:
By using these two tools you can easily find plagiarism in your article.
If I say that you can use other content then it is true but for this purpose, you have to use the Citation method. Citation means that if you use others' content( Images, Quotes, or videos) then you have to give credit to the real author by giving the source of that content.
It is so simple firstly you have to publish that required image or video of others then you have to mention the source.
Here I have used an image that is not mine but I have mentioned the source of this image and now it will not consider as plagiarism.
How to add Source
It is so simple firstly you have to upload that picture then you have to give the source.
- You have to put the word Source in the Big Brackets [Source] like this.
- Then after this step put the link of that image or video in the small brackets (Link) just like this.
- [Source Name](Link of the image or video)
Note: But it is necessary to keep in mind that you have to use only Free Images and videos.