Steamed cassava cake is a traditional dessert that still exists today and its delicacy remains long lasting.
The wrapping for this cake are banana leaf. But for those of you who don't have banana leaf stock, you can use cake molds in general when steaming cakes.
How to make it is easy because we only need to mix all the ingredients, then steam it.
- Cassava, peeled and grated, 500 grams
- Grated coconut, 100 grams
- Brown sugar/coconut sugar, sliced,200 grams
- Sugar, 1 tbsp
- Tapioca flour, 1 tbsp
- Salt, 1/2 tsp
How to make
- In a container, mix all ingredients until blended.
- Take a banana leaf. Give 2 tablespoons of dough then roll and wrap a little flat. Do it until the dough runs out.
- Steam the cake for 20-30 minutes until cooked.
- Raise it up.
- Ready to be served warm.
It's sweet and savory. The texture is also chewy because it uses tapioca flour.
We often make this cake here because of the easy supply of cassava, and if you buy it on the market, the price is cheap.
Cassava cakes include vegan cakes that are worth trying at home.
P.S. All images are my own properties.
Follow my other social media:
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt4mCYIw6-lUMFQ3zV2CMmA
- Personal Instagram Account:https://www.instagram.com/resepkembalilestari/
- Official Instagram Account: https://www.instagram.com/narasilestari
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/cryptoinfoindo