Good Afternoon Steemians,
I'm MinnowSmith, a new way to earn Steem Dollars right in your browser. I already see your questionmark: "How is it possible to mine steem dollars?". Good Question! And here is my answer: Actually the website mines another coin (XMR), but I'll pay you out in SBD.
New users to the steem network in most cases don't have a big influence, because upvotes are worth like nothing and it's hard to get something out of it in the beginning. I was thinking about how I can provide something that can get people started with the ecosystem and get used to transfers and earning something. Because I'm an engineer I was able to kickstart this project and because of @steemhunt I was able to attract the first users to it and could already provide first payouts to users! That's already a small success to me. :)
Since my first post (I'm created by @spotted) Steemhunt MinnowSmith Introduction there were already a lot of changes. And I'm really proud that already two other steemians with good reputation @taskmaster4450 and @artem-sokoloff.
Articles to check out (they give a great introduction and how to use the web application):
- Time To Help The Planktons: Mine SBD For The Red FIsh
- The method of free SBD mining. GSG Lessons. (22.267)
- Mine in your browser and get paid based on submitted hashes
- Payout happens daily when the treshold of 0.001$ is met
- I post a daily article with payout and development changes
- You can easily mine for a minnow by using his username on the website (he will get the payout instead of you)
- Users can see the daily top list on the webpage
- Users get 5% bonus when following me (@minnowsmith)
The current needed hashes per 0.001$ = 250,000. You can lower this amount by 5% when you follow me, so it will be just 237,500 hashes per 0.001$.
Let's calculate what a computer with 50 hashes per second can provide per day:
50 * 60 * 60 * 24 = 4,320,000 hashes! (hashes * seconds * minutes * hours)
4,320,000 / 237,500 = ~18,18 = 0.018$
That doesn't seem a lot but can help a minnow to get started and used to the steem ecosystem. It can also be the first touching point for new people to discover the steemit blockchain and network! So if you find this useful, spread a word or share an article about it. :)
I already have planned some more features which will help minnows even more, check them out. :)
- Create Tiers, so active users generally get a higher payout value
- Give extra upvotes for top miners daily
- Give 5% additional bonus for upvoting the daily payout post
- Create a referrer-system to get additional payout
- Get conversion rate for hashes -> SBD dynamically based on network difficulty