Today I met with a couple building owners in my hometown, looking for a location for @thesteemhouse to call home!
I saw a couple high-end units that are perfect locations, offer wide-open spaces, and are fronted like shops for the public to get a good view of us as they walk by. The only problem with a couple of those are the start-up costs, one costing as much as $4500 USD per month, with an almost $10,000 move-in... That may be attainable in a year or so when we get some STEEM love rolling, but I also looked at an old school... This really piqued my interest, as it's already zoned for education/office space, and they only want around $500 per month per room , and would let us pick and choose what and how many rooms we would like. This means we could sign paperwork and have a dedicated public Steemit space to start making and creating in, for as little as $1000, USD!!
So... I have a proposition for any of you business minded steemians out there, as the "first phase" of our crowdfunding effort.
Image Credit: Game Show Network
- I am looking to raise 2,000 STEEM
- This initial fund would secure the location in at least two rooms in the old school building, set us up with necessary furniture/equipment, and set us on the right path when it comes to spreading the word about our project around town.
- Investors would be entitled to a lifelong portion of liquid SBD generated by @thesteemhouse account, up to 10% for the full 2000.
Let me break that down for you.
- Invest 100 STEEM/SBD into @thesteemhouse, and you will forever receive 0.5% of the liquid earnings for the account, paid out every week.
- Invest 10 STEEM/SBD, and you still receive 0.05% of the earnings, for life!
Investments will be accepted until the goal of 2000 STEEM has been reached, at which point further transfers will be refunded unless labeled as a donation.
We're giving investors from Steemit an early foot in the door before we reach out for local funding!
We would love to able to boast to our community that this hub of creativity was brought to them completely by the power of cryptocurrency! Before we start our "official" crowdfund to fill our makerspace with fancy equipment, we want to give Steemians the first chance to support our project, and watch their bottom line grow with ours!