Whenever I’m short on time but still want to eat something warm, cheesy and filling I always chose the simplest pasta recipe in my arsenal~ Cacio E Pepe which loosely translates to cheese and pepper. Doesn’t get easier than that! And everyone loves it!
12 Oz bucatini or spaghetti
8 Tbsps unsalted butter divided in half
2 Tsp freshly ground pepper
1 Cup freshly grated parmigiano
1/4 Cup grated pecorino
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions.
- Drain and reserve 1 1/4 cups of pasta water.
- Melt 1/2 of your butter and add the pepper. Swirl until pepper toasts and you can smell it. Be careful not to burn your butter.
- Add pasta water and whisk it in until it simmers.
- Toss in your cooked pasta, turn off the heat and add all your cheeses.
- Salt to taste.
As I mentioned, this is one of the humblest pasta dishes ever but it’s simplicity gives it such a majestic flavor you’d think you spent hours in la cucina!
I wish you all a great weekend! The Mr. has a surprise planned for me so I can’t wait for that! I’ll tell you all about it in my next post.
Upvotes, resteems & Donations are loved! Merci 💕