Have you ever felt troubled and uncertain about your future? Have you ever felt God was unaware of your world turning upside down?
The disciples may have been experiencing these feelings when Jesus gave them this message. He just told them that He was going to leave them, and they were extremely concerned.
Yet he tells them to not be troubled and gives them THREE REASONS why they should have peace in their hearts:
1.) WE CAN TAKE GOD AT HIS WORD
- then Jesus said, "Trust in God, and trust also in me", he was reminding his disciples to trust in God's word.
-Scripture had spoken of both Jesus' impending crucifixion and his resurrection. Somehow they had missed that.
- Sometimes we forgot to look at the whole picture when our circumstances seem overwhelming. But we must remember that the words found in these pages will " never disappear". Matthew 24:35
2.) WE ARE GOING TO HEAVEN
- The next time you face some kind of difficulty, be it physical,emotional, or spiritual, put in perspective. Remember that you are going to heaven.
- Your trials are only temporary. When in the presence of the Lord, there will be no more fear, death, pain or sorrow.
3.) JESUS IS COMING BACK FOR US
- notice that Jesus l, " I will come and get you". The Lord is not merely going to send for us. He is going to personally escort us to thr Father's Home.
- The Bible tells us to "encourage each other with these words".
1 Thess.4:18- So encourage each other with these words.
In the midst of your trials, Remember that God care for you so much that He is coming back so that you can be with Him forever.
Blessed sunday everyone.
Pls upvote, comment and resteem.