I read about Steem 2 years ago when I was doing a research about which Altcoin to trade on at Poloniex. I bought low and sold high and forgot about it, last year a friend told me about steemit and how I could earn money if I ran a blog with it, it sounded cool but I didn’t just have the time then.
How I Joined Steemit
I started a facebook fan page for my rabbit farm around the middle of this year but felt I wasn’t getting the response I wanted. I now remembered Steemit, did some research on it and even called the friend that recommended it to me last year to know how he was fairing. The response he gave me was shocking, he said “forget those people, they already know the people that will make a post and get upvotes” he further said “I have been with them for more than a year and I was posting every time the first month I started but since then I’ve been on Reputation 25 and have earned less than $0.65”.
That was really discouraging for me to hear but I didn’t give up because I read about some really cool stuff in the reviews I read about them. So, on the 17th August, 2018 I went to the steemit website and made my application. I was further discouraged to wait out the whole of August without getting a response from them as regards my successful application. I had used the first 2 or 3 days reading up various to post on steemit about how to be successful in it, what to post about, how to introduce yourself and all that, but as the days turned into weeks my interest kept weaning. I was so happy to receive an email from Steemit in the first week of September stating that my account opening was successful. I was later to discover that my wait for opening an account on Steemit wasn’t necessary because you can do that instantly if you’ve got someone with a Steem account already.
How I Started Posting On Steemit
I was so excited when I got the email for successful account opening that I didn’t know where to start or what to post about. I did a search on steemit and got the idea of doing an introductory post of myself first. And that was what I did and bam! My introduceyourself post got an 3.68% upvote from @postpromoter courtesy of @reseller for winning New Steemian Of The Day, apparently, the award was sponsored by @postpromoter and @yabapmatt and the upvote at that time was worth more than $6. This was a great boost for me as it motivated me to write I think 4 or so more even though not so regular basis before the end of September. My irregular posting then was more like a time of studying and learning more about steemit and when I felt I’ve learnt enough to keep me going, from October 1st 2018 which was Nigerians’ independent day, I decided I’ll be posting at least 1 post a day and that is what I’ve been doing from then till date.
How Was I Able To Make It In Such A Short Time
I’ll like to give thanks to God for giving me the strength and good health to post, the experiences to have what to post about and definitely thanks to you guys for always supporting me all the way, you guys are the great. Having said that, I think there are things we can and should do to get to a higher reputation faster, hey guys, am not saying I am there yet, need to get to 70 ASAP, but some guys can’t wait for me to get to Rep 70 before telling them my dirty little secrets. Lol.
So these are some of the things I’ve done or I am doing to get to the top which am still heading to, I am going to add more as more stuffs are been introduced to the steem community, remember guys, by March 2019 SMT is rolling out hopefully so I can’t say I’ve stopped doing new things, this is just for starters:
- Be Original – Been yourself makes life easy for you from the very start, it means you’re not trying to be anyone else but you and you know a lot you can say about yourself and what you go through and experience in life. Now why would I want to write about cryptocurrency because they say it is the hottest topic in town but I don’t know jack about it. There is a lot people around the world want to know about the food you eat, your clothing, environment, culture and all that, your story can inspire someone to visit your part of the world.
- Create Good Contents – I’ve seen people say I’ve followed me, please follow me back and I’ve gone to the blog to discover they haven’t even made a post or sometimes the only post you see on their page are only resteems. Lol. Sorry guys I just had to laugh. If you blog page looks scanty or unserious then it’ll be hard to get profitable followers. Good content attracts the big guys to read your post and give you a nice upvote.
- Invest – Invest a little is you can, this will go a long way to grow your account. Remember that buying Steem, Steem Power or Steem Backed Dollar does not increase your reputation. Upvotes on your postings, comments and curating are what increases your reputation. So, invest a little in your Steem Power so you can have enough Resource Credits to make postings, comments and upvotes. It also means your upvotes have value and you get more value for your curation. The rest should go into promoting every post you make so that it becomes more visible, it also pays you because after 7 days you get SP and SBD for authorship and curation which improves your reputation.
- Study – Learn what works and what doesn’t work on steemit, learn from people that more experienced, more successful and more knowledgeable people that are highly placed, they got there because there is something they are doing that you haven’t started doing.
- Use DApps and Steemit Alternative Platforms - @busy, @esteem, @partiko, @DTube, @actifit, @Dclick and host of many other such projects provide incentives in the form of upvotes or their token or both if you use their platform to do your postings. They also help promote you in their post if you are performing well on their platform. I started using @actifit just about 5 days ago and on the 3rd day I won 3rd place in Top Daily Actifitters and that was a boost to my post.
- Follow People With High Reputation - No offence to beginners, They must be people that post regularly, respond to the comments people make on their blog post and do a lot of upvoting. If you regularly make reasonable comments on their blog about their post or make suggestions that they find useful, you’ll definitely get and upvote from them and they might follow you.
- Join Communities or Projects or Curation Trails – Most of them will upvote your post as a member which help you grow fast. There are so many of them on Steemit look for the ones that fit into what you like talking about and join them. We also have subscription based membership communities just do your research before joining.
- Participate In Contest – Contest are a way of rewarding people who take part in an activity/activities which offers a reward for winners. Winning such contest and having your username mentioned and upvoted by high Rep members is a big plus for you rise. I won 3rd place in Ask Me Anything Contest / Best Questions Win SBI - Dragging You Up With Me Week #10 and the prize for 3rd place winner was 2SBD.
- Upvote Good Post or Comments – Take time to go through your feed and upvote good post and comments as much as your Voting Power can allow you to upvote. I try as much as I can not to make my voting power go below 85% that way my upvotes are always worth much to the receiver it also means that I get to earn more curation reward. Upvoting is a win win situation, don’t be miserly with it. If you don’t upvote people you won’t get curation reward. So enjoy putting smiles on other people’s faces. The larger you Steem Power the more you can upvote with lower voting weight and still give guys a lot to be happy about.
Delegate If you Have Some Available Steem Power – Delegate to projects to show support for such projects, this is also a win win situation, some of the projects you delegate to will upvote you post when you make them, some offer tokens which you can exchange for upvotes of wait till the coming of SMT. It also has a feel good effect on you because you’re a part of the success story of something that later went very big.
Run A Contest – I already mentioned that you should participate in contest, but in this case you should sponsor a contest. Look for ideas that you can a contest about to give back to the Steem community. You might think it is not profitable to you, but that’s not the case, it brings you a lot of followers, friends and the joy you feel in helping to make people succeed. I have ran a Fastest Finger Contest not twice, this is a project I am sponsoring myself to help uplift beginners and old timers that are finding it difficult to grow. It might not worth so much now but I am hoping to grow it larger according to the resources available to me. Maybe someday the first prize winner may be getting 10 Steem you never know where these things lead you to.
And I’ve got to say this, these are just my personal experience of how I got from Rep 25 to 60 in 75 days, it is definitely not a financial advice, please do your own research before taking on any actions.
My Next Goal
My next goal is to get to Rep 65 before the New Year and Rep 70 before the coming of Smart Media Token in March 2019. That’ll be making it 6 months to get from Rep 25 to Rep 70. This will definitely be hard to achieve seeing that I just completed the easy part. But I’ve rolled up my sleeves and with God on my side and you guys always having my back, who know what can happen. So I am not going to celebrate too much on achieving Rep 60 because the work ahead is much harder, but the Steem community always offers a helping hand for people to grow and succeed in whatever they’re doing so I believe we’ll make it, I’ll see you when we get there.
Thanks for reading, please upvote my post if you liked it, follow me, resteem and don’t forget to leave your comments or questions and I’ll definitely respond to them, you might even get an upvote for your comment. I’ll truly appreciate your support. Thanks once more and do have a great day.
To show my appreciation for reading my post, I’ll upvote and reply your comments if you do the following:
Upvote the post if you like it (not compulsory though).
Make a comment about content of the post.
Follow me if you have not already started following me.
You can get between $0.02 to $0.45 worth of upvote. Click Here
This is my little way of starting to contribute to the growth of the Steem community.
My recent post on: Cure for Boredom